The Student Room Group

A level AQA MPC3 05/06/15 Post exam poll

Poll

How did you feel this exam went? And what do you think the A* boundary will be?

How did it go? (pick one option from each category)

Scroll to see replies

Hmmm i hope c4 isn't horrible.
After this, I'm really worried about Core 4. I thought I'd get basically full marks on Core 3 but am hovering the A* grade boundary now with today's fairly tough paper.

In general, do people think Core 4 or Core 3 is harder? As an average over all the topics?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Hard and 65 for me, could see quite a few losing marks on the trig one at the end. Not too bad other than that IMO
i thought i was good at maths before this exam.
Reply 5
Original post by WillNegForReps

Same mate:frown: Just hovering around the A* boundary, getting about 66-69.Sooo annoyed by the little mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Harder than expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WillNegForReps

Haha that could totally be a meme
Seems in general people found it harder than usual, lets hope for a nice C4 paper (which is unlikely :wink: )
From what I can see, the lowest mark 90UMS has been (since introduction of A* grade!) was 64 in Jan 2012.. How does everyone think this paper compared to the one today?

I myself, think that today's paper was more challenging than jan 12
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by redherring18
From what I can see, the lowest mark 90UMS has been (since introduction of A* grade!) was 64 in Jan 2012.. How does everyone think this paper compared to the one today?

I did Jan 12 last night and got full marks.

Dropped quite a few in this paper. Definitely more challenging.
what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by katie2828
what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

In my opinion:

A* = 64
A = 58

And so on
Is it possible that A* students can find the exam easy then the grade boundaries between an A and A* be a 7+ mark difference?
Original post by IAmYourdog
Is it possible that A* students can find the exam easy then the grade boundaries between an A and A* be a 7+ mark difference?

Yes, anything is possible, there's no telling until the boundaries are release, unfortunately!
Jan 12 was 64 for A* so I'm thinking 63 this year. UMS cap will prob be 69 as june 14 was 71 and this paper was moderately harder. But who knows?

Having done the Jan 12 paper about a week ago I'd say it was about on par with that :s-smilie:

I did Jan 12 yesterday, Jan 12 had a harder u substitution question (it involved trig identities) and an integration by parts twice which would be big mark droppers.

With this paper the difficult questions were in the U sub and trigonometric proof one at the end. I think on the whole they were similar in difficulty.
Original post by Achroite
I did Jan 12 yesterday, Jan 12 had a harder u substitution question (it involved trig identities) and an integration by parts twice which would be big mark droppers.

With this paper the difficult questions were in the U sub and trigonometric proof one at the end. I think on the whole they were similar in difficulty.

The thing is though, whilst "integration by parts" is at the difficult end of the spectrum, basically anyone who has properly revised that stuff should have been able to do it whilst today's trig. question just seemed to be unlucky to many people.
Original post by 2014_GCSE
The thing is though, whilst "integration by parts" is at the difficult end of the spectrum, basically anyone who has properly revised that stuff should have been able to do it whilst today's trig. question just seemed to be unlucky to many people.

That's true, it's difficult to call! The trig question was one that even if you revised for you would find difficult

I should mention I am a massive pessimist, a strategy I employ to avoid disappointment :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest