The Student Room Group

A level AQA MPC3 05/06/15 Post exam poll

Scroll to see replies

that trig question was sent from hell
Original post by WillNegForReps
that trig question was sent from hell

i agree errggghhhj i could do part b but not part a
Original post by 2014_GCSE
I did Jan 12 last night and got full marks.

Dropped quite a few in this paper. Definitely more challenging.

for this reason and just generally not having any january exams perhaps having an effect i think an A* will be 62 or 63/75 so last years boundaries will drop by 3 marks each :smile: think I've got 64/75 :smile:
If anyone needs any worked solutions for any of the questions, let me know! I'll be happy to do them for you! :smile:
Original post by redherring18
Seems in general people found it harder than usual, lets hope for a nice C4 paper (which is unlikely :wink: )

I actually hope the C4 is hard. That way we have a better chance of the C3 boundaries being low.

Usually the boundaries for C4 are lower than C3.

But by the looks of it, I feel like I find C4 easier.

and I was really sick in the C3 exam so if the grade boundaries aren't extremely low, this is the end for me...
Original post by fotevaf
I actually hope the C4 is hard. That way we have a better chance of the C3 boundaries being low.

Usually the boundaries for C4 are lower than C3.

But by the looks of it, I feel like I find C4 easier.

and I was really sick in the C3 exam so if the grade boundaries aren't extremely low, this is the end for me...

I need an A* in maths for uni and dont think ive got anywhere near that in c3! What about you? What mark do you think youve got? :smile:
Original post by HennersPD
for this reason and just generally not having any january exams perhaps having an effect i think an A* will be 62 or 63/75 so last years boundaries will drop by 3 marks each :smile: think I've got 64/75 :smile:

I know it's quite selfish of me, because I don't think this test was that hard, but I really.. really.. hope you're right..
because in that case, an A will be around 57

Even though it low, that means I would get an 80% there and then I can get 100% in C4 and still get an A*

because I was sick during this exam, I even misread the volume question, integrating something completely different.

Anyway.. I really really really hope you're right..

but if it is 57 for an A, then it means it's probably one of the lowest grade boundaries for an A over the years, but since exams have been getting harder, I feel like people have been practising more therefore I am not quite sure if so many people did below their average in this exam.
Original post by fotevaf
I know it's quite selfish of me, because I don't think this test was that hard, but I really.. really.. hope you're right..
because in that case, an A will be around 57

Even though it low, that means I would get an 80% there and then I can get 100% in C4 and still get an A*

because I was sick during this exam, I even misread the volume question, integrating something completely different.

Anyway.. I really really really hope you're right..

but if it is 57 for an A, then it means it's probably one of the lowest grade boundaries for an A over the years, but since exams have been getting harder, I feel like people have been practising more therefore I am not quite sure if so many people did below their average in this exam.

Haha i hope im right too
Reply 28
AQA MPC3 June 2015 ; A*- 64, A-57June 2016 ; A*- 53, A-47

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending