The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

To many women in the BBC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
One thing i noticed is as you watch QI over the years there is increasingly more female guests on the show and repeatedly! i remember when it was only jo brand and sandi toksvig every now and then, now it seems every episode has (usually more than) one woman

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by c_k62
One thing i noticed is as you watch QI over the years there is increasingly more female guests on the show and repeatedly! i remember when it was only jo brand and sandi toksvig every now and then, now it seems every episode has (usually more than) one woman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they introduced a rule for panel shows that there had to be at least one woman. I personally don't think quotas should be necessary but i love a bit of Sandi Toksvig
Alternatively:

Tbh just #killallmen and be done with it.

#feminism
Original post by mattcar904
So one should not challenge the double standards of feminism.The fact that you made this comment shows how right I am about society being gynocentric and men at the bottom are invisible and anyone who calls this out is branded a woman hater and banned.

How is posting threads on TSR challenging the double standars of feminism? I like this place but the movers and shaker of feminist activism don't post on here.

Instead of sharing like this why not do something practical. Like write to the bbc highlighting the mens issues you feel they ignore.

For the 12 months up to april the bbc were advertising everywhere for people to respond to a consultation on the bbc trust - did you tell them your thoughts?
Reply 45
Original post by PQ
How is posting threads on TSR challenging the double standars of feminism? I like this place but the movers and shaker of feminist activism don't post on here. Instead of sharing like this why not do something practical. Like write to the bbc highlighting the mens issues you feel they ignore. For the 12 months up to april the bbc were advertising everywhere for people to respond to a consultation on the bbc trust - did you tell them your thoughts?
I have wrote to the BBC many times regarding how they ignore the big education gap between boys and girls and also the increasing gap of between boys and girls going university. They have constant stories about girls and STEM etc.Wake up, society is gynocentric and pointing this out is not sexist against women!
I have wrote to the BBC many times regarding how they ignore the big education gap between boys and girls and also the increasing gap of between boys and girls going university. They have constant stories about girls and STEM etc.Wake up, society is gynocentric and pointing this out is not sexist against women!

*written (please man, your grammar kills me.)
Are you saying the education gap is due to a 'gynocentric' society? Please explain this, I've never heard anyone suggest that before. Genuinely interested as to where you would get that notion.
Reply 47
Original post by missmillie12345
*written (please man, your grammar kills me.)
Are you saying the education gap is due to a 'gynocentric' society? Please explain this, I've never heard anyone suggest that before. Genuinely interested as to where you would get that notion.

"please man" are you black or something?
I have dyslexia but I still went to a top university compared to you.

I am done with you, you don't know anything about society, you are not on my level.
"please man" are you black or something?
I have dyslexia but I still went to a top university compared to you.

I am done with you, you don't know anything about society, you are not on my level.

I am literally going to study societies (social anthropology) when I too go to a top university. The fact you won't even justify your opinion speaks volumes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Wow who did you write to? Did they respond at all or did they ignore you?

Is it specifically the news coverage that you are concerned with?
You are a chauvinist.
Too many women in the BBC

There can never be too many women :colone:
The number of East Indian females outnumbered East Indian male by 32:1. Obviously some one in the BBC loves Indian women.
Reply 53
I ink women are pretty
I am a woman and I have come to steal all the BBC jobs!

Fear me! :evil:
It oddly amuses me how we as a society can complain that there are "too many women" in visible professions such as the media, yet nobody gives two flying monkey butts if an organisation is entirely male, as has been the case for literally hundreds of years. In an ideal world it should really be an approximately 50/50 gender split, if you wanted to truly represent the population.

Guess men are just less noticeable. Perhaps it's their manoflage? :smile:
i disagree with your conclusion sir.

in fact i feel there is too much bbc in the women, not the other way around.
If you look at it nearly all the jobs are now given to women. On one occasion nearly all the women on the BBC news were women. 80% were of Indian extraction. I counted, that for every 38 Indian women 1 male Indian male was employed. There are too many women on TV, then they wonder why so many men are drinking and their role as the provider has changed within 20 years from being the provider. Whilst most places are white males who have an Asian female fetish. It is the lion pride principal where the males of another pack are fought off even killed but their women are coveted. This even extends to prince harry wanting to marry a mixed race person while Diana was killed, and so was Dodie as he took a white woman.a Princess and the darling of the British society. It would not do do have a darkie would it!
I gravely missinterpreted the title
what's wrong with me
Original post by KingStannis
I'd say there is too much BBC in the women.

Hahaha. Post of the thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending