The Student Room Group

IGCSE Biology Paper 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jenniisobel
I didn't say sterilised and I didn't say growth hormones or that the cells divide :'( and I knew it for paper 1 but I forgot

Still hopefully you should get minimum 3 out of 5
Reply 21
Original post by yupppp89
I thought it was quite easy, what were the two insoluble molecules that gave energy tho???

I just put carbohydrates and proteins.. even though I know they can be broken down
Original post by Neymar27
I put the same,,, but I meant the 4 marker at the top of the right page, why we sweat when exercising or something

The question was asking why the rate of sweating changes when we exercise more I think:
I said our muscle cells respire more often releasing energy from glucose. This releases of a lot of heat energy which can cause the enzymes to denature (malform the active site). So the body secretes sweat from sweat glands. The sweat glands evaporate using heat energy from the body (latent heat) cooling it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still hopefully you should get minimum 3 out of 5

I really hope so :frown: do you know how many marks it usually is for A*?
Original post by maya_vv
I just put carbohydrates and proteins.. even though I know they can be broken down

I said starch and proteins. They are both large insoluble molecules which have to be digested. I don't think carbohydrates are right (you could get it) because glucose is a carbohydrate and glucose is small and soluble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Foreboding
The question was asking why the rate of sweating changes when we exercise more I think:
I said our muscle cells respire more often releasing energy from glucose. This releases of a lot of heat energy which can cause the enzymes to denature (malform the active site). So the body secretes sweat from sweat glands. The sweat glands evaporate using heat energy from the body (latent heat) cooling it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sounds perfect!!
Reply 26
I said starch and proteins. They are both large insoluble molecules which have to be digested. I don't think carbohydrates are right (you could get it) because glucose is a carbohydrate and glucose is small and soluble.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok fingers crossed anyway
Reply 27
Original post by jenniisobel
I really hope so :frown: do you know how many marks it usually is for A*?

Around 80% is the A* Mark (fluctuates depending on how many people did), So I would say you would need a minimum of atleast 140
Around 80% is the A* Mark (fluctuates depending on how many people did), So I would say you would need a minimum of atleast 140

but its also gone as low at 72%, fingers crossed
Do you think glycogen is right?
Original post by Sophie0411
Do you think glycogen is right?

I'm pretty sure glycogen is right. It's our equivalent of starch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
-alligators-sweating-decomposition and micropobagation-blood cells-calorimeter-biomass-co2 levels-transgenic
Here's a list of the 8 questions
Hmm.. Anyone who was able to finish tie paper on time?
Original post by morgan1999
What did everyone get for the question on the 1st page that was like how would the non resistant bacteria produce a bacterium that was resistant to the disease? I put a mutation or something, I didn't really know. Also did you get the percentage to be 0.52 for the biomass question? And also the question about deforestation I out leaching and soil erosion do you think that's ok?

i dunno about deforestation as well, i put surface run off and lack of legumes
Reply 34
What did everyone get for the question on the 1st page that was like how would the non resistant bacteria produce a bacterium that was resistant to the disease? I put a mutation or something, I didn't really know. Also did you get the percentage to be 0.52 for the biomass question? And also the question about deforestation I out leaching and soil erosion do you think that's ok?

I also got 0.52

I said that genetic mutation can produce resistant offspring and genetic variance from plasmids from resistant bacteria. I do the calculation wrong because I am actually f*cked in the head. Also I think I made a mistake on the deforestation question:
- I said that, soil erosion occurs because all the nutrients have been peaches away (completely wrong or do you think I'll get a mark?)
-I further said the soil might be water logged because the trees aren't there to protect from the rain and absorb the water so flooding overs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by yupppp89
i dunno about deforestation as well, i put surface run off and lack of legumes

I think you could also talk about increased flooding and adverse effects on the nitrogen cycle and leaching
Reply 37
I said that genetic mutation can produce resistant offspring and genetic variance from plasmids from resistant bacteria. I do the calculation wrong because I am actually f*cked in the head. Also I think I made a mistake on the deforestation question:
- I said that, soil erosion occurs because all the nutrients have been peaches away (completely wrong or do you think I'll get a mark?)
-I further said the soil might be water logged because the trees aren't there to protect from the rain and absorb the water so flooding overs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you implying that bacteria reproduce sexually?:tongue:
Original post by 1234bog
Are you implying that bacteria reproduce sexually?:tongue:

I started to on the paper then realised 😆😆
Reply 39
Original post by Shmesa
I also got 0.52

Wasn't it 0.51

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending