youssefsaid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I currently hold an offer to study Mathematics at UCL and was considering transferring to one of Economics or Mathematics with Economics.
I have some questions:
Is it possible to transfer from Math to Economics or Maths with Economics and if yes is it possible to transfer back? Please provide as much details as possible.
The Economics degree seems to have a large proportion of math or math-y modules, assuming I transfer to Mathematics with Economics, will I cover all the maths and statistics covered in Economics degree and how much of the economics in the Economics degree will I cover as a percentage, can you comment on this percentage?
What are the economics modules like in Mathematics with Economics degree?
If I am planning on working in something directly related to economics (eg. finance) is a straight Economics degree a significantly better way to go?
Many of the third year and second year economics modules are open to Mathematics with Economics students what does that indicate?
Which is harder and which have better prospects and why?

I have A-levels
maths A*
physics A*
Predicted:
f.maths A*
chemistry A*
Arabic A*
Any general comments is appreciated.
Jude_swaby04
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What did you pick, I assume your finished w ur course
Last edited by Jude_swaby04; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads