The Student Room Group

Ate a whole jar of beetroot... weird side effect...

Had a whole jar of baby beetroot last night... including the vinegar.
bizarre side effect this morning... First piss this morning was light pink... the last one was beetroot red!
Weirdness.

Any ideas as to how long this is going to last for? Im not relishing the idea of going in to a pub toilet and pissing bright red into the trough. Someone will think im about to die or something! lol.

Any med students have a clue?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It'll go away. Go and freak some other guys out at the urinals.
Drink a bottle of vegetable oil to restore some normality to the colour.
Reply 3
stratomaster

Er, Why!?
stratomaster

:biggrin:

I'm gonna go and drink some beetroot juice now :cool:
Reply 5
Sorry but....why would you eat a whole jar of beetroot?!
Reply 6
chan89

'Cause they like beetroot?
Reply 7
is it wrong i want to try this to see if it works?
Reply 8
chan89

It wasn't a planned thing. Was having for supper last night and fancied some beetroot to go with it. Didnt notice id eaten the whole jar untill... well... the jar was empty. Then I though.... in for a penny, in for a pound... I'll have the sweet pickling vinegar too!

Don't feel ill or anything it was just a bit of a suprise this morning that the toilet pan was bright red instead of the usual yellowish green.
Reply 9
Seriously, Anon1, you'll be fine :smile:
It happens all the time when you eat a lot of beetroot. I've always found it rather amusing myself.
Reply 11
Anonymous
bizarre side effect this morning... First piss this morning was light pink... the last one was beetroot red!
Weirdness.

Any ideas as to how long this is going to last for? Im not relishing the idea of going in to a pub toilet and pissing bright red into the trough. Someone will think im about to die or something! lol.

im not a med student, not but i know that doctors use it to see how fast your digestive system is moving and also your poo will go a weird colour as well:biggrin:
Reply 12
Hehehehe this is quite amusing.

On not as nice a note, once when my sister was about 6 (or possibly even older!) she decided that she didnt want to eat any actual food for her lunch and wanted to eat a bowl of ketchup. Yeah she had a bit of a gross surprise when she went to the toilet a few hours later. Think bright red diarrohea. Haha.
Been there, done that, used it as a party trick. Went away within a day, for me.
LOL go scare some people at the pub, if I was a guy I would!

Being female, if I try and piss in the trough I can scare people without any beetroot at all. :p:
Reply 15
actually this is quite a wierd phenomenon :biggrin:... it was discussed on brainiac a few years ago :p: it apparently can only happen to boys, but doesnt happen to some boys, as compared to others. its all to do with your mums mitochondria and then your DNA mixture:s-smilie: but seriously its nothin to worry bout!!! as with teh pub business.... erm its jus tells the other guy that u jus like your beetroot :biggrin:

hope that helps
Invicta
Reply 16
Anonymous
Weirdness.

if you hadn't included that, i would have asked if you were pregnant.

it goes normal again in about 1-2 days, for the ENTIRE nine months my mum was pregnant with me and my sisters, she craved beetroot and would go through four or five jars of it a week and a pineapple every day.

hope it goes away soon!
xXx
Reply 17
All back to normal now.
How disapointing. :frown:
Aww. :frown:

Do it again! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Again again again!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Latest