olivia.unwin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, how did you find the PE exam? I thought it went ok but completely forgot about types of transfer

What did you think about it?
HBC98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't know what to put for the hormonal heart regulation question
edavis
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Think it was to do with adrenalin being released which increases firing of SA node. Messages sent to the sympathetic nervous system which means ventricles contract harder. Increased cardiac output and increased heart rate etc
Liam3105
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What did you have to write about for that gaseous exchange six mark question??
olivia.unwin
Rep:
?
Yeah, I talked about adrenaline increasing the rate at which the ventricles contracted as it fired more electrical impulses from the SA node.
All of that stuff. I didn't like the question on types of transfer, did you answer it?
(Original post by edavis)
Think it was to do with adrenalin being released which increases firing of SA node. Messages sent to the sympathetic nervous system which means ventricles contract harder. Increased cardiac output and increased heart rate etc
edavis
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by olivia.unwin)
Yeah, I talked about adrenaline increasing the rate at which the ventricles contracted as it fired more electrical impulses from the SA node.
All of that stuff. I didn't like the question on types of transfer, did you answer it?
Yeah, about positive, neg, proactive, rectroactive and bilateral then just elaborating on them. x
olivia.unwin
Rep:
?
I think my main points were (if you watched the anatomy and physiology live seminar James did last night):
- Mentioned partial pressure of o2 and co2
- Mentioned how co2 increases acidity of blood (raising pH) meaning o2 is more like disassociate from the blood into the plasma
- O2 from saturated haemoglobin (oxyhaemoglobin) diffuses into blood plasma and into the muscle cell
- Co2 basically does the same thing just the other way round

I had to ask for extra paper in this question!
(Original post by Liam3105)
What did you have to write about for that gaseous exchange six mark question??
olivia.unwin
Rep:
?
I remembered it right at the last minute and quickly jotted down a couple of ideas for positive and negative transfer so i think I got at least 3 marks for that!
x
(Original post by edavis)
Yeah, about positive, neg, proactive, rectroactive and bilateral then just elaborating on them. x
edavis
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by olivia.unwin)
I remembered it right at the last minute and quickly jotted down a couple of ideas for positive and negative transfer so i think I got at least 3 marks for that!
x
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/60326-m...ation-june.pdf

click on that link, go to question 2e and it's basically that answer x
Katebeth97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What did you guys get for the anatomy 10 marker?
olivia.unwin
Rep:
?
Um, what was the question again???? Hahaha, i'm terrible at remembering questions after I have done an exam paper
(Original post by Katebeth97)
What did you guys get for the anatomy 10 marker?
Oliver_1_2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My teacher said it should be something like this for the 10 mark question in section A

At rest

1. Chemo receptors detect low carbon dioxide and high oxygen

2. Proproprioceptors detect low movement

3. Baroreceptors detect low BP

4. Send signals to vcc in brains for parasympathetic nervous system to regulate heart rate (remain low) via vagus nerve

5. Precapillary sphincters to vital organs are vasodilated and pre capillary sphincters at muscles are vasoconstricted.

6. Venous return is steady. According to starlings law which says stroke volume is directly related to venous return. At rest stroke volume is around 70-80ml

During maximal exercise:

1. Heart rate SV and cardiac output increase

2.Chemo receptors detect high carbon dioxide and low oxygen

3.Proproprioceptors detect high movement

4.Baroreceptors detect high BP

5. Send signals to vcc in brains for sympathetic nervous system to regulate heart rate (increase heart rate) via accelerator nerve

7. Precapillary sphincters to vital organs are vasoconstricted and pre capillary sphincters at muscles are vasodilated .

8. Venous return is increased. More blood flow back to heart. According to starlings law which says stroke volume is directly related to venous return. At rest stroke volume is around 200ml.

9. Other mechanisms are deployed to aid VR such as skeletal muscle pump, gravity, respiratory pump, valves
gemmax6x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme or got a teacher working on it?
Hollyht
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gemmax6x)
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme or got a teacher working on it?
here is one I made for anatomy and physiology do you want the other 2 sections too
Attached files
gemmax6x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hollyht)
here is one I made for anatomy and physiology do you want the other 2 sections too
Thankyou I'll have a look at that when I'm on my laptop! Yes please that'd be great!
gemmax6x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
just read through this thanks for this! has this been checked with a teacher or are these just your answers?

i'm hoping i got about 20 marks for this section, i thought this section went well until people discussed their answers

for q1 i put: abduction, gluteus maximus (didnt have a clue) and eccentric, so i've only got 1 mark out of 3 for that

warm up: i put increases muscle temperature which increases flexibility and then decreases OBLA, do you think i would get 2 marks for increasing temp and flexibility even though i put it as one point? so probably only 1 mark in total for that

blood pressure: got that definition 100% so 1/1.

blood pressure changes: i said during endurance activity systolic increases but diastolic remains mostly unchanged but during isometric/resistance training both systolic and diastolic blood pressure increase, but i didn't put any values so hopefully 2/3?

hormonal: i said adrenaline released from adrenal glands and about the CCC in the medulla oblongata and how increased adrenaline increases hr and then the autonomic nervous system and parasympathetic/sympathetic stuff so hopefully 3/4

gaseous: i said that oxygen diffuses out of the blood and into muscle tissue during rest as there is a higher ppO2 of oxygen in the blood than in the muscle and gases move from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure, and then the opposite stuff for CO2, so hopefully around 5/6

10 marker: i wrote about vascular shunt and all the vasoconstriction/vasodilation of the pre-capillary sphincters and arterioles of the muscles/organs during rest/exercise, for venous return i wrote about how there is 5 mechanisms and during rest the pocket valves, smooth muscle and gravity are sufficient but during exercise there is insufficient pressure to push the blood through the veins back to the heart so the respiratory pump and muscle pump are needed, and wrote about starling's law, and for the VCC i wrote about proprioreceptors and chemoreceptors and said how the vcc is in the medulla oblongata... i'm hoping for 8 marks at least.

that would give me around 20... hoping the other 2 sections i get around the same which should allow for an A in the paper... i hope :o:o
dazyrl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yea can you please upload those others!
Hollyht
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gemmax6x)
just read through this thanks for this! has this been checked with a teacher or are these just your answers?

i'm hoping i got about 20 marks for this section, i thought this section went well until people discussed their answers

for q1 i put: abduction, gluteus maximus (didnt have a clue) and eccentric, so i've only got 1 mark out of 3 for that

warm up: i put increases muscle temperature which increases flexibility and then decreases OBLA, do you think i would get 2 marks for increasing temp and flexibility even though i put it as one point? so probably only 1 mark in total for that

blood pressure: got that definition 100% so 1/1.

blood pressure changes: i said during endurance activity systolic increases but diastolic remains mostly unchanged but during isometric/resistance training both systolic and diastolic blood pressure increase, but i didn't put any values so hopefully 2/3?

hormonal: i said adrenaline released from adrenal glands and about the CCC in the medulla oblongata and how increased adrenaline increases hr and then the autonomic nervous system and parasympathetic/sympathetic stuff so hopefully 3/4

gaseous: i said that oxygen diffuses out of the blood and into muscle tissue during rest as there is a higher ppO2 of oxygen in the blood than in the muscle and gases move from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure, and then the opposite stuff for CO2, so hopefully around 5/6

10 marker: i wrote about vascular shunt and all the vasoconstriction/vasodilation of the pre-capillary sphincters and arterioles of the muscles/organs during rest/exercise, for venous return i wrote about how there is 5 mechanisms and during rest the pocket valves, smooth muscle and gravity are sufficient but during exercise there is insufficient pressure to push the blood through the veins back to the heart so the respiratory pump and muscle pump are needed, and wrote about starling's law, and for the VCC i wrote about proprioreceptors and chemoreceptors and said how the vcc is in the medulla oblongata... i'm hoping for 8 marks at least.

that would give me around 20... hoping the other 2 sections i get around the same which should allow for an A in the paper... i hope :o:o
From what you said I think you would get more marks than you think you would probably get 2 for the muscles one and full marks for hormonal maybe full for the systolic diastolic but tbh I don't really know the answer to this it hasn't been checked with a teacher but I did check in the text book and I normally get full marks mocks on this section I'm going to do my psycology homework then I'll post mark schemes for the other 2 sections

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hollyht
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dazyrl)
yea can you please upload those others!
Yep after I've done my psychology homework

Posted from TSR Mobile
gemmax6x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From what you said I think you would get more marks than you think you would probably get 2 for the muscles one and full marks for hormonal maybe full for the systolic diastolic but tbh I don't really know the answer to this it hasn't been checked with a teacher but I did check in the text book and I normally get full marks mocks on this section I'm going to do my psycology homework then I'll post mark schemes for the other 2 sections

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I hope so! Ah ok that's fine, I left my textbook in my locker so couldn't check! Wow that's so good, I trust yours answers then haha! Ok thank you very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads