Poll

How do you think you did?

what do you think about the exam, i honestly think that i'm done for

T_T

p.s i did higher tier
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

it was ok 6 markers were quite limited
What was the answer for the bladder wrack question?
Original post by Lalacrcrcr

i said that it can trap oxygen for growth or something like that
Original post by Lalacrcrcr

The 'bladders' (air sacs) in the seaweed allow it to stand upright underwater as the air pulls it towards the surface of the sea as air is less dense than water. This allows it to absorb more light energy from the sun, which is essential for photosynthesis! :smile:
The onyl reason I knew that was because one of the 2014 Biology papers had a question about bladder wracks and I remembered the answer :P
Reply 5
was the question about part of liver cell controlling enzymes the nucleus or ribosomes? So confused
I did a ton of revision, dont think it was that bad apart from some vague common sense questions and confusing calculations.
Reply 7
Has anyone got the unofficial mark scheme ?
Reply 8
Original post by RachJess4
The 'bladders' (air sacs) in the seaweed allow it to stand upright underwater as the air pulls it towards the surface of the sea as air is less dense than water. This allows it to absorb more light energy from the sun, which is essential for photosynthesis! :smile:
The onyl reason I knew that was because one of the 2014 Biology papers had a question about bladder wracks and I remembered the answer :P

Same. That's why I knew I should write carbon dioxide/light and not oxygen.
Original post by RachJess4

damn man got another question wrong!
(edited 8 years ago)
I found the aqa higher tier exam really easy! I dont think I had a problem with a single question, and the 6 marker was a blessing.
Yep, flopped that really bad. could not have done any worse :frown:
Original post by runningcat
Yep, flopped that really bad. could not have done any worse :frown:

same here
Original post by llama_whisperer
same here

Now, I'm seriously worried about the other cores :3
me too, the others who took the test said that it was easy...all that revision for nothing T_T
Hi, I said the air sacs provide carbon dioxide for the bladder wrack. carbon dioxide is needed for photosyntheses which provides energy for more growth.. is that right?
Reply 17
That's what I wrote
Original post by Chandan1998
Hi, I said the air sacs provide carbon dioxide for the bladder wrack. carbon dioxide is needed for photosyntheses which provides energy for more growth.. is that right?
I counted about 41-43.. is that enough for an a*>?
Original post by Chandan1998
I counted about 41-43.. is that enough for an a*>?

seems like a definite B and above to me, i got 38

Quick Reply

Latest