AQA Classical Civilisation 9th June 2015 Watch

Clytaemnestra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello, anyone doing CIV3B Persian Wars on Tuesday?
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by She-Ra)
x
curiousginger
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i am doing this exam and im so nervous for it do you have specific timings for the questions because i always find i never have enough time for the 40 marker...
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
(Original post by curiousginger)
i am doing this exam and im so nervous for it do you have specific timings for the questions because i always find i never have enough time for the 40 marker...
Hi there! Yep, 5 mins for the factual questions, 15 mins for the 10 marker, 25 mins for the 20 marker and 40 mins for the 40 marker (+5 mins to plan) so it's just over a mark a minute. I'm really nervous too! Which context questions do you think you will tackle? I prefer Aeschylus so I'm going to do that whatever happens, I'm not good on Herodotus other than for the themes for the 40 marker, it's too factual!
curiousginger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Clytaemnestra)
Hi there! Yep, 5 mins for the factual questions, 15 mins for the 10 marker, 25 mins for the 20 marker and 40 mins for the 40 marker (+5 mins to plan) so it's just over a mark a minute. I'm really nervous too! Which context questions do you think you will tackle? I prefer Aeschylus so I'm going to do that whatever happens, I'm not good on Herodotus other than for the themes for the 40 marker, it's too factual!
Ah ok thank you so much Im dreading it haha, yeah i much prefer Aeschylus so I would definitely do that, as i find Herodotus so difficult to get to grips with!
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Ah ok thank you so much Im dreading it haha, yeah i much prefer Aeschylus so I would definitely do that, as i find Herodotus so difficult to get to grips with!
I just keep going over my materials praying that something will come up that I can put together a good argument for!
curiousginger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just keep going over my materials praying that something will come up that I can put together a good argument for!
me too to be honest! This is my worst exam for me so I really hope the questions are ok!
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
me too to be honest! This is my worst exam for me so I really hope the questions are ok!
Aw yes me too! What's your unit 4? Mine's CIV4D Tiberius and Claudius - we started unit 4 first at the beginning of A2 so I feel more confident with it
curiousginger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aw yes me too! What's your unit 4? Mine's CIV4D Tiberius and Claudius - we started unit 4 first at the beginning of A2 so I feel more confident with it
Mine is on the Aeniad, and same here we started unit 4 at the beginning as well so i feel slightly more confident, also it is quite similiar exam structure to the odyssey exam last year as well x
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Mine is on the Aeniad, and same here we started unit 4 at the beginning as well so i feel slightly more confident, also it is quite similiar exam structure to the odyssey exam last year as well x
Aw yes sorry I remember you saying or might have been someone else I was speaking to earlier! Good luck!
georgeputput
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is anyone doing unit 3D Augustus and the foundation of the principate?
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
(Original post by georgeputput)
Nope but close - CIV4D Tiberius and Claudius for Unit 4. Good luck!
georgeputput
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
literally nobody is doing this unit aha
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
literally nobody is doing this unit aha
Aw good luck! We only studied Augustus briefly for context, so I'm afraid I can't help
akoorlander
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am! Goodluck for tomorrow
georgeputput
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by akoorlander)
I am! Goodluck for tomorrow
how are you revising it?
akoorlander
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At the moment literally just cramming! Learning about the succession, then going to have a look at past papers and mark schemes.. How about you?
georgeputput
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
just re read res gestae and suetonius, looked for similarities in texts and contasting factors. I'm quite confident on his building programme just need to go over the main features on Ara Pacis
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
just re read res gestae and suetonius, looked for similarities in texts and contasting factors. I'm quite confident on his building programme just need to go over the main features on Ara Pacis
Ah, the lovely Suetonius I need to revise him along with Tacitus for the CIV4D exam on Friday
georgeputput
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah, the lovely Suetonius I need to revise him along with Tacitus for the CIV4D exam on Friday
im done with suetonius, i'm doing aenid on friday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.15%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.7%
No, but I want to start (173)
35.97%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.28%
No, I chose not to (139)
28.9%