Chemistry OCR GATEWAY B Friday 5th June 2015 (today)

Watch
SamAHSPLL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How did you find the exam? I thought it was quite easy. But, that's not necessarily a good thing as they could rasie the grade boundaries.
Does anyone know roughly how many marks you need to get a B or an A?
It's out of 75 the exam I did
lilliput.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
last year it was:
A* - 61
A - 51
B - 40
C - 29

but, to be honest, everyone i've talked to (and myself) found this year's exam super easy, so i should think that the boundaries'll be going right up :dong:
Poppy1098
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did everyone get for the atom economy and percentage yield question??
lilliput.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Poppy1098)
What did everyone get for the atom economy and percentage yield question??
i got about 12% for the atom economy one (where barium was the waste product), but i don't remember for the percentage yield
Poppy1098
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lilliput.)
i got about 12% for the atom economy one (where barium was the waste product), but i don't remember for the percentage yield
Oh thank god!! So did I, was just doubting it as I read different answers on Twitter!
SamAHSPLL
Rep:
?
I didn't answer the atom economy question and I can't remember what my answer was for percentage yield but I know I used the right equation:

Percentage yield = actual yield/predicted yield x 100

The actual yield was the first number in the question and the predicted yield was the second number given.
jessyjellytot14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What did you guys put for the question which had a diagram of a molecule and it had some single bonds, a double bond and a triple bond and you had to tick how many covalent bonds there were? I put 9...
SamAHSPLL
Rep:
?
Owh that one, I put 5.
There was 1 double covalent bond and 4 single covalent bonds so that's how I worked out my answer, I don't know if that's right, but how did u work out 9 ??
Poppy1098
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I put 9 too!
myra humiyee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
guys yano for the polymer question on c1 what was i supposed to put im confused iknow a lost a mark because i forgot to put the thingies slide over each other?
myra humiyee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For the exteneded question of c1 what did you guys put? the polymer one and what molecule was i supposed to draw i know i droped some marks
lilliput.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
there was a triple bond too!!
4 single bonds, one double and one triple = 9 covalent bonds.
aha1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I doubt the grade boundaries will go up any further even if it was easier. They've always been higher than bio or physics but how much higher can they really go? I think that if people did well, they will keep them the same (hopefully!)
joddcfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We were always told it's around 54 for an A* so to see that last year it was 61 and they could increase even more is a little bit worrying, but then again I found yesterday's exam pretty easy.
aha1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by joddcfc)
We were always told it's around 54 for an A* so to see that last year it was 61 and they could increase even more is a little bit worrying, but then again I found yesterday's exam pretty easy.
Yeah it did jump tbh. But honestly I think the exam was pretty similar to last years! Some of the questions were practically the same!!
So hopefully the boundaries will too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads