Anyone doing WJEC Catering GCSE on Monday 8th June?

Watch
username1763965
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What do you think will come up on this years paper?
gemmaward
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not sure. Does it contain hospitality as well because every mock that ive done, ive failed, i find them really difficult. How many marks do you need to get for a C. Im really bad at all this. Good luck
abbieayinde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im doing it on Friday! Tell me what comes up!!
username1763965
Rep:
?
(Original post by gemmaward)
Not sure. Does it contain hospitality as well because every mock that ive done, ive failed, i find them really difficult. How many marks do you need to get for a C. Im really bad at all this. Good luck
Yes it does. You have to learn everything or you won't be able to get a good grade- I know mostly dependent on memory. On the long mark answers explain your points and write as many points as possible approximately 1 point per mark for each question.
Alishavernon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello, have done a couple of catering mocks and I have got A* in them both with about 60 marks out of 80, you only need around 30 for a C! Just revise your word meanings and develop questions like food appearance and how ICT works in the kitchen usually the 8 markers! If you put as many points in as possible you are easily likely to achieve a C as its simple when you get the hang of it!
Alishavernon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by parrot16)
What do you think will come up on this years paper?
Eggs have come up the past few years so I reckon fish or cheese
username1763965
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alishavernon)
Eggs have come up the past few years so I reckon fish or cheese
Or meat
username1763965
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alishavernon)
Hello, have done a couple of catering mocks and I have got A* in them both with about 60 marks out of 80, you only need around 30 for a C! Just revise your word meanings and develop questions like food appearance and how ICT works in the kitchen usually the 8 markers! If you put as many points in as possible you are easily likely to achieve a C as its simple when you get the hang of it!
Its mostly about memory skills isn't it and then putting it on paper.
Marco Pollo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I always seem to misinterpret the question and give a very detailed answer, but just not what the mark scheme wants so get quite bad grades in it....:/
gemmaward
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by parrot16)
Yes it does. You have to learn everything or you won't be able to get a good grade- I know mostly dependent on memory. On the long mark answers explain your points and write as many points as possible approximately 1 point per mark for each question.
thank you
abbieayinde
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't revise for any of my mocks the paper is mostly common sense but do revise, I managed to get a b whey!! And another b and my coursework is an a/b!! I see it as one of those lessons I don't see as relevant but I would prefer to pass it so all my results correlate and look good
Marco Pollo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by abbieayinde)
I didn't revise for any of my mocks the paper is mostly common sense but do revise, I managed to get a b whey!! And another b and my coursework is an a/b!! I see it as one of those lessons I don't see as relevant but I would prefer to pass it so all my results correlate and look good
Basically the same here, except that without revising i got the highest grade in the year (B).... so not sure what that says about the teaching at my school....:confused::confused:
username1763965
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marco Pollo)
Basically the same here, except that without revising i got the highest grade in the year (B).... so not sure what that says about the teaching at my school....:confused::confused:
I got a B and then A* in my last mock. What I get depends on the questions. Anyway Good luck everyone.
username1846913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how did you all find this paper?
gemmaward
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by melinalouise)
how did you all find this paper?
I found it really easy. Not sure about 1 or 2 questions but the longer questions were definitely easier. Not sure if it was because i revised for this. Hope everyone gets the results they want on results day
username1846913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah same, I found the last question really easy, but there were a few questions that were a bit confusing
gemmaward
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by melinalouise)
Yeah same, I found the last question really easy, but there were a few questions that were a bit confusing
Don't judge but i forgot what Table d'hote was 😂
username1846913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did the exact same thing 😂 I knew how it was arranged but not the meaning
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how did you guys do?

i found some of the questions badly worded such as the Milk one. Where we meant to say cows,goats or skimmed,semi skimmed?

Also i think the cheese question was bad
Steven246
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I done the exam today aswell I thought it was quite easy, does anyone know what the knives were?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (61)
29.05%
No (149)
70.95%

Watched Threads