username1874033
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If I don't pass maths this year; when will I be able to next retake it's? Presuming I got a D a grade off a C will I have to wait until next June to take it? Because on past papers I've seen exams being sat in Novemeber, January and even March before. I'm studying A levels as well; and obviously if I get good a level grades, and when I apply to uni''s they'll see that I have a good English lit, geography and history a level but they will see that haven't yet resat my maths GCSE. So when do A level students apply for uni's? At the end of year 1 or year 2? Because I'm worried we'll have to start applying before next June in which case I wouldn't have resat my maths exam yet, I'm actually so worried. I'm just so bad at maths everything else I'm fine at, and I feel like not achieving maths this time round is going to hinder my life so much.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ambermariemorgan)
If I don't pass maths this year; when will I be able to next retake it's? Presuming I got a D a grade off a C will I have to wait until next June to take it? Because on past papers I've seen exams being sat in Novemeber, January and even March before. I'm studying A levels as well; and obviously if I get good a level grades, and when I apply to uni''s they'll see that I have a good English lit, geography and history a level but they will see that haven't yet resat my maths GCSE. So when do A level students apply for uni's? At the end of year 1 or year 2? Because I'm worried we'll have to start applying before next June in which case I wouldn't have resat my maths exam yet, I'm actually so worried. I'm just so bad at maths everything else I'm fine at, and I feel like not achieving maths this time round is going to hinder my life so much.
you apply for uni in the christmas term of year two. And i think you can only resit maths in the summer, but still means one more chance to get a C before applying for uni so i wouldn't worry yet
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
If I don't pass maths this year; when will I be able to next retake it's? Presuming I got a D a grade off a C will I have to wait until next June to take it?
No, you can retake in November. :yy:
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, there are November retakes for GCSE English and Maths.
username1874033
Rep:
?
(Original post by German123)
No, there are November retakes for GCSE English and Maths.
Oh really? I just thought it had changed since the Linear GCSEs came in or something
German123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh really? I just thought it had changed since the Linear GCSEs came in or something
Well, before,(about 2years ago) the early entry was for GCSE retakers and first time GCSE maths and English students but now it is just for retakers, those who have failed to achieve a C+ in maths and English.

The changes took place after 2013.
username1874033
Rep:
?
(Original post by German123)
Well, before,(about 2years ago) the early entry was for GCSE retakers and first time GCSE maths and English students but now it is just for retakers, those who have failed to achieve a C+ in maths and English.

The changes took place after 2013.
Oh okay thank you for the info, so on enrolment day for college and if I don't have a C in Maths could I just say I would like to retake this in November rather than next June? And would I have to go to GCSE maths classes at college as well as my 4 As subjects or would I be allowed to study at home for the retake?
CplSkippy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
November resits for maths and English are available.

Skips
German123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh okay thank you for the info, so on enrolment day for college and if I don't have a C in Maths could I just say I would like to retake this in November rather than next June? And would I have to go to GCSE maths classes at college as well as my 4 As subjects or would I be allowed to study at home for the retake?
Generally, those who have failed their GCSE maths or English are advised to take 3 As levels because the work load is so much and on top of that you will be doing maths GCSE but check with your chosen college about this.

You will have to attend college resit maths classes.

Edit: most colleges/sixth form will prepare their students for the November entry because its juts easier to have two goes at it than once.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.6%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.2%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise