The Student Room Group

Did I make the right choice?

I finished my foundation degree in Health and Life Science 2-3 months ago.
I applied to progress onto a nutrition degree next year.
I had two choices: Nutrition at Coventry University, or Nutrition at University College Birmingham.

The nutrition degree at Coventry University was nice, they would also give us a work placement at the end of the course if I did it. However, I didn't chose it because its a little far from my house, and I also have health problems which slow me down. I went Coventry to do my foundation degree this year, and I enjoyed it. Its a nice city.
I chose to go to University College Birmingham instead because its closer to my home, and have been accepted. I like the nutrition degree at this college but there is no work placement/experience given, and I dont know if I'll be able to get employed afterwards. Apart from that, I still like the course and I am still looking forward to studying it in September.

I really am interested in Nutrition, and I am hoping to work in the Food and Nutrition/Health education areas after the course.
Original post by Naveed-7
I finished my foundation degree in Health and Life Science 2-3 months ago.
I applied to progress onto a nutrition degree next year.
I had two choices: Nutrition at Coventry University, or Nutrition at University College Birmingham.

The nutrition degree at Coventry University was nice, they would also give us a work placement at the end of the course if I did it. However, I didn't chose it because its a little far from my house, and I also have health problems which slow me down. I went Coventry to do my foundation degree this year, and I enjoyed it. Its a nice city.
I chose to go to University College Birmingham instead because its closer to my home, and have been accepted. I like the nutrition degree at this college but there is no work placement/experience given, and I dont know if I'll be able to get employed afterwards. Apart from that, I still like the course and I am still looking forward to studying it in September.

I really am interested in Nutrition, and I am hoping to work in the Food and Nutrition/Health education areas after the course.

We look forward to welcoming you to UCB in September.

The Applied Food and Nutrition course can lead to a range of careers including health education, research and teaching or product/menu development. Take a look at the virtual tour of our new Food Development and Innovation Suite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending