Resistant Materials exam (June 8th) Watch

leccartwright
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions about what may come up on the AQA Resistant Materials GCSE exam on Monday the 8th? Or what topics always come up?
tenzzzin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Task lights.
bethmitchxll
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
there always seems to be something about thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics so try to learn the differences! I'm hoping something comes up on smart materials (shape memory alloys) and composite materials! Also, at the front of every past paper there is three requirements and explanations needed about the preliminary material, which is task lights for us. Try and think of 3 requirements and explanations before you go in to secure 6 marks.
All the best!
indigo2011
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by leccartwright)
Does anyone have any predictions about what may come up on the AQA Resistant Materials GCSE exam on Monday the 8th? Or what topics always come up?
this is a good thead as im doing that exam on Monday,
Any one have any ideas about the bigger mark questions (8-10 marks)
Supergirlxxxxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
awwwww I remember doing this exam and aced it 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
AbbieL
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by indigo2011)
this is a good thead as im doing that exam on Monday,
Any one have any ideas about the bigger mark questions (8-10 marks)
those are normally linked to the environment or CAD/CAM in some way
indigo2011
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AbbieL)
those are normally linked to the environment or CAD/CAM in some way
ok thank you
do you have any guesses as to what might come up on other questions
AbbieL
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ok thank you
do you have any guesses as to what might come up on other questions
looking at past papers, maintenance is a popular choice but then again, mechanical systems have never come up so maybe it will be this year. In previous years, tolerances, health and safety have come up too.
absolutely dreading this exam to be honest!
indigo2011
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
looking at past papers, maintenance is a popular choice but then again, mechanical systems have never come up so maybe it will be this year. In previous years, tolerances, health and safety have come up too.
absolutely dreading this exam to be honest!
so am I, as our class has really struggled to learn everything for the exam due to having a really bad teacher last year and have to redo most of our coursework before we could get onto exam content but im sure we will be fine
Good luck
AbbieL
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
so am I, as our class has really struggled to learn everything for the exam due to having a really bad teacher last year and have to redo most of our coursework before we could get onto exam content but im sure we will be fine
Good luck

We've had a really good teacher but we've only been doing exam content for a couple of weeks. It doesn't help that I was in a challenging class. We've had knives thrown about and everything. How did you do on coursework?
Sherry202
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher didn't tell us our coursework scores.

By the way, does anyone want to swap task light ideas?
AbbieL
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sherry202)
My teacher didn't tell us our coursework scores.

By the way, does anyone want to swap task light ideas?
Really? Wow! And my ideas are pretty basic, goosenecks, LEDs yadda yadda yadda. I'm really hoping we get to design like a science based one or something!
lmg1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really? Wow! And my ideas are pretty basic, goosenecks, LEDs yadda yadda yadda. I'm really hoping we get to design like a science based one or something!
Do you think they will ask us to draw them relevant to designers or design eras such as Art Deco or Charles Rennie Macintosh like past years.
Callnitram
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you guys doing AQA or Edexcel?
lmg1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Callnitram)
I'm doing AQA
bethmitchxll
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lmg1)
Do you think they will ask us to draw them relevant to designers or design eras such as Art Deco or Charles Rennie Macintosh like past years.
I don't think so - my teacher said they would have included that when they told us about task lights so I doubt we will have to design in a specific persons/eras style
AbbieL
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lmg1)
No, for the context we got task lights and previous years the context was Art Deco and Mackintosh so they knew about that in advance
Pix2015
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think there will be an exam question about the designers such as Mackintosh?
zahanara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Callnitram)

edexcel, you?
indigo2011
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We've had a really good teacher but we've only been doing exam content for a couple of weeks. It doesn't help that I was in a challenging class. We've had knives thrown about and everything. How did you do on coursework?
I got 81 which was three marks fro an a* however in past papers I have only been getting a low B high C so I really need to do well in this exam wbu?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (95)
49.22%
No (98)
50.78%

Watched Threads