Turn on thread page Beta

physics or astrophysics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    should I do an undergraduates degree in Physics for a general foundation in the structure and then onto astrophysics, or straight into astrophysics at an udergraduate level?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you want to do. :confused: That's the reason you are given a choice.

ReputationRep:
    i was considering an astrophysics degree once upon a time, but then when i looked into the career side of it, there arent alota jobs out there to do with astro, they're mainly contract jobs for a certain period of time, and for myslef, i would prefer job security and well as satisfaction. i mean sure astro's interesting, but i think u oughta look into a physics degree instead since, u never know a different aspect of physics, might spark yer interest.
    with a physics degree basis, u have plenty more options for the kinda job u want after the degree, where as with an atsro degree yer stuck in that one field. besides physics is tres interestin, so i reckon u shud explore it further and then decide.
    tc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ®eAl ©uTe Eye$)
    with a physics degree basis, u have plenty more options for the kinda job u want after the degree, where as with an atsro degree yer stuck in that one field.
    Even doing Astrophysics, you still do a lot of the stuff straight Physics students to, so I don't think you'll be that limited.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.