Turn on thread page Beta

Can You Writing Under The Lines in GCSE?? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you sometimes write below the lines?
    Yes
    97.30%
    No
    2.70%

ReputationRep:
    In literally all of my exams, because I write a LOT I always end up going 1- a max of 3/4 lines under the lines that they provide in the exam. I`ve done this in my edexcel, ocr and aqa exams. I have NEVER gone out of the box however that they say you cannot write in, and I havent written on pages indicated as "Bank Page".

For the longer qs I always end up writing 2 or 3 squashed lines right at the bottom of the page, but keep above the margin where the paper can be scanned.

For some short 1 line answers where there e are 2 consecutive answers right on to of eachother I always end up squashing a few words under the first line and inbetween the second line.

And finally, on questions where there is like a 3 marker on a full page, sometimes I write up to around 1/2 of the page, sometimes past the box where it says [Please turn over] or whatever, would this be ok?

I`m just a bit anxiious, will these answers be marked properly??

ReputationRep:
    Any input from an actual examiner would be nice

ReputationRep:
    should be, because they scan in the page so what ever is on the page should be marked! probably your best bet to ask for extra paper though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexxandra)
    should be, because they scan in the page so what ever is on the page should be marked! probably your best bet to ask for extra paper though
    I just don`t like asking for an extra sheet to write 3 words on it

It also wastes a lot of time, most of my examiners are half blind and dont notice you waving your arms around for a good couple of minutes, and then they slowly walk to you and ask what you want, and then they slowly walk to the front of the hall to get paper, and then they have to slowly walk back

ReputationRep:
    I used to ask for extra paper right at the start of exams so I had it already when I needed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    I used to ask for extra paper right at the start of exams so I had it already when I needed it.
    I would do that for next exams but they dont involve much writing at all

ReputationRep:
    Wait... what??? If you write under the box your answer is not marked?????
    OMG I did that yesterday!!! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash Kay)
    Wait... what??? If you write under the box your answer is not marked?????
    OMG I did that yesterday!!! :O
    Nononono

I did that for literally all of my exams :P

I was just asking, if it would DEFINATELY be marked, cause the teachers say as long as your answer is within the page margin, it should be marked

ReputationRep:
    I saw this video on youtube before my exams and I was like oh they'll send my paper for reviewing
    https://youtu.be/2_ruJ5i8ZJ4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind1000000)
    Nononono

I did that for literally all of my exams :P

I was just asking, if it would DEFINATELY be marked, cause the teachers say as long as your answer is within the page margin, it should be marked
    Oh right phew!! I've done it for my other exams too despite having extra paper
    And I agree it's a hassle using extra paper!

ReputationRep:
    Can we talk about the title of this thread for one second?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and it's English

ReputationRep:
    Soo, any examiner here?

ReputationRep:
    Is there not extra paper at the back of the booklet you can write on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    Is there not extra paper at the back of the booklet you can write on?
    Not on most papers

ReputationRep:
    When it's scanned if it appears to carry on, examiners will mark the script digitally and mark a physical copy (normally)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samjfranklin)
    When it's scanned if it appears to carry on, examiners will mark the script digitally and mark a physical copy (normally)
    I know this is the case with edexcel, but does this also apply to ocr and aqa?

ReputationRep:
    I know this is the case with edexcel, but does this also apply to ocr and aqa?
    If they only get to see the (eg) 2 lines of a question's response area and it is clear that your answer has not finished/continues below they will not ignore that.

ReputationRep:
    Not on most papers
    Oh right
    Don't worry it will get marked . I do the same in about every paper and it always gets marker. They can't not Mark it if you have wrote the answer as long it is clearly labeled

ReputationRep:
    In literally all of my exams, because I write a LOT I always end up going 1- a max of 3/4 lines under the lines that they provide in the exam. I`ve done this in my edexcel, ocr and aqa exams. I have NEVER gone out of the box however that they say you cannot write in, and I havent written on pages indicated as "Bank Page".

For the longer qs I always end up writing 2 or 3 squashed lines right at the bottom of the page, but keep above the margin where the paper can be scanned.

For some short 1 line answers where there e are 2 consecutive answers right on to of eachother I always end up squashing a few words under the first line and inbetween the second line.

And finally, on questions where there is like a 3 marker on a full page, sometimes I write up to around 1/2 of the page, sometimes past the box where it says [Please turn over] or whatever, would this be ok?

I`m just a bit anxiious, will these answers be marked properly??
    You'll be fine because everything is within the boxes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samjfranklin)
    If they only get to see the (eg) 2 lines of a question's response area and it is clear that your answer has not finished/continues below they will not ignore that.
    kk thnx!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.