The Student Room Group

Good enough for Warwick?

I'm a retake student and achieved CDDE first try at AS as I thought very stupidly I could achieve As without work ha. However I retook the year and I've achieved an A Maths, A Chemistry, B further maths and B biology at AS level and my predicted grades for A2 are A* A* A in Maths Chemistry and further maths in that order. I'm planning to apply for MORSE or maths and economics at Warwick, is there a good chance of me getting accepted despite retaking and which course is most likely to accept me?
Should be okay,may be slightly frowned upon but predicted are good enough :smile: if you go for maths you have to takes step papers which are difficult. I am an offer holder for Morse currently and its A*AA only.
Note that Morse is part of the stats department and not maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel9998
I'm a retake student and achieved CDDE first try at AS as I thought very stupidly I could achieve As without work ha. However I retook the year and I've achieved an A Maths, A Chemistry, B further maths and B biology at AS level and my predicted grades for A2 are A* A* A in Maths Chemistry and further maths in that order. I'm planning to apply for MORSE or maths and economics at Warwick, is there a good chance of me getting accepted despite retaking and which course is most likely to accept me?

I have a friend who resat Year 12 and got an A in Maths, a B in Further Maths and either an A or a B in a third subject (It was either Physics or Economics) and he now has an offer from Warwick for Maths, so I suppose it's possible.
Original post by SeanFM
I have a friend who resat Year 12 and got an A in Maths, a B in Further Maths and either an A or a B in a third subject (It was either Physics or Economics) and he now has an offer from Warwick for Maths, so I suppose it's possible.

So he got AAB/ABB in year 13, did he not have to do step smh

Good for him though wp
Original post by SeanFM

Swear they want like A*AA+STEP ??
Original post by SeanFM

literally everyone that applies to warwick for maths gets the offer
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
So he got AAB/ABB in year 13, did he not have to do step smh

Good for him though wp

Original post by ThatGuyRik
Swear they want like A*AA+STEP ??

Yes, he is doing STEP.
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, he is doing STEP.

Ah right xD
Is STEP a must-do in order to get an offer from Warwick for MORSE? If I don't take it, would it spoil my chances of getting an offer?

I got 7A* 2A 1B at GCSE and AAAAB (Math, Further math, physics, chemistry, chinese, the B was in chemistry and I was one mark off an A and i'm getting it remarked) at AS, im doing A2 next year

Just wondering if I stand a chance? I have like no clue how to prepare for STEP so idk if I should take it...
Original post by kelvin1338
Is STEP a must-do in order to get an offer from Warwick for MORSE? If I don't take it, would it spoil my chances of getting an offer?

I got 7A* 2A 1B at GCSE and AAAAB (Math, Further math, physics, chemistry, chinese, the B was in chemistry and I was one mark off an A and i'm getting it remarked) at AS, im doing A2 next year

Just wondering if I stand a chance? I have like no clue how to prepare for STEP so idk if I should take it...

I have an offer for MORSE this year and it doesn't include step :smile: if your predicted grades are good enough then you will be fine without step, it tends to just be an offer with a grade lower when you take it and do well
Reply 10
Original post by kelvin1338

The official Warwick MORSE page suggests you don't need STEP:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/gln0/

although taking it would give you some contigency if you miss one of your A level grades.

I presume you'll be dropping Chinese and either Chemistry or Physics for A2, so you would have ample time to prepare for STEP on top of the 3 full A levels you need for entry.
Original post by rugbybeast
I have an offer for MORSE this year and it doesn't include step :smile: if your predicted grades are good enough then you will be fine without step, it tends to just be an offer with a grade lower when you take it and do well

Thanks, can I just ask, what predicted grades did you get? And what did you achieve in the end? Did you get in? I'm just wondering what grades I should be expecting to aim for, cheers :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest