The Student Room Group

What do you think of a muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by amanii_ox
Honest opinions please...

I think they follow the religion of Islam.

Spoiler

Original post by LibraPower
I was mocking your stupidity. Obvious Muslims are unable to wipe out the remaining world population of non-Muslim believers.

You'd think they would have at least been able to wipe out the Christians in Egypt, Palestine and Lebanon, at the very least, no?

The flaw is that many followers of Islam have become to attached to the Quran and as the other poster mentioned, are hypocrites as they are unable to follow the Qurans religious instructions.

Considering that you have to believe in the Quran to be a Muslim, that's not a surprise.

Yet mose turn to criticise other religions and get all fired up when the same treatment is returned to them, and ususlly use the excuse of the Quran's teaching to perform terrorist attacks - but are content on saying they are doing it morally due to what their religion tells them to.

But why would they get fired up if they know they don't follow the Quran? Surely one would be oblivious to any criticism?

It seems to me like this generation especially, are mostly not really true followers of Islam as many choose to do haram things. It's like the religion has been forced upon the youth of this generation by their parents and so forth, and many have a lack of knowledge regarding Islam which is why they just refer to the Quran or rage out in flames of fire and attack you.

Choosing to do haraam things does not automatically make you a non-Muslim.

Of course, not all Muslims are like this. But many are. And the thing is they hate being told of the flaws within their religion and followers of Islam because they know it's true, but they're afraid to admit as they are in fear of being sent to hell.

Wouldn't they be more scared of not following the Quran as opposed to people simply pointing out "Quranic flaws"?

You have made rather redundant points and indeed, quite contradictory ones too.
Reply 62
Original post by footstool1924
Damned if they do and damned if they don't.:rolleyes:

What you want from a *****, trying to be the man that you want.
Reply 63
Original post by dandaboz
As a Jew unfourtuanately I feel intimidated when I walk around certain parts of London and get comments and threatening looks. They should be free to be religious just as I am but why harass/intimidate other religions?

I don't think Muslims intentionally mean to give you looks , I have had the same experience with Jewish people ,but as I have actually got to know Jewish people they are just normal people like me . Try speaking to a muslim person your perceptions may change like mine :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh and most other Muslim countries do not execute gays. And another problem you have is not being able to distinguish between religion and culture. Stuff like FGM and women not able to drive. During the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) his wife rode a camel which was basically a car in those days for transport. Also another problem is scaremongering. The media does not help at all. Women who wear hijab are oppressed. Surely by that logic so are Sikh men and nuns but they never get called oppressed. Same with halal meat Muslims get all the blame and attacks but when it is Jews who do same thing people do not criticise them. It is easy to sell papers with one religion we know which one that is. Sadly many things the papers report are inaccurate

We are talking about the quran teachings now, not about what muslims choose or not choose to do. I never said that they are all like that, I'm simply stating that the quran encourages them to hate and even kill people.
Original post by Ciel.
The OP asked for my opinion and I stated it. Did I say that I hate them for being muslims (the non-orthodox ones)? Nope, I said that I think it is hypocritical of them to claim they follow the quran, when they clearly don't. I don't 'want' anything from them. I would call anyone a hypocrite, in similar circumstances - e.g. a self-proclaimed buddhist killing an animal.

Killing enemies is in the quran. Killing gays is in that other thing. But stoning gays and pretty much calling them enemies is in the quran as well! Look here :

Qur'an (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)"

Qur'an (4:16) - "If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone"

Here you are - a shower of brimstone meaning stoning them, and then it goes on about punishing them if they don't stop being gay. How am I wrong? Are you still going to claim that quran doesn't encourage hatred towards gays?

But that's not the point, the point is that they are killing them. Can you really argue that they are NOT killing them in the name of religion? Really?

What about the news you get pretty much every week? 'Christians killed by muslims' chrisitan kids abducted and killed by muslims?" Are you really saying that I'm lying? Just google it.

Your text of Quran 4:16 is incorrect.

Your reference of 7:84 is based on a historical event, as ordained by God, and narrated in the Quran. Furthermore, I have only found one reference to the term "brimstone" and it is in the translation of Yusuf Ali. The others simply mention "rain".
Reply 66
Original post by LibraPower
How could a worldwide population of approxiamately 1.57 billion Muslims kill the remain approxiamately 5 billion on the planet?

Unless Allah has given all Muslims ultimate strength that is impossible.

Why are you avoiding the other poster's question and producing questions of your own to escape the fact that there is obviously a flaw in Islam.

Its a secret

Spoiler

Original post by saeed97
What you want from a *****, trying to be the man that you want.

I'm afraid I didn't understand any of that. Sorry. :smile:
what do you think of a christian, a buddhist or a jew? religion doesn't define someone's character; it, like most things, just shapes it
Original post by Ciel.
When it comes to orthodox ones - I see them as unintelligent, barbaric, pedophiliac brainwashed individuals. The ones who are not orthodox - I see them as nothing more but hypocrites who simply choose the parts of quran that suit them and ignore the rest, while still claiming it's a religion of 'peace and love'. Sure, filled with slavery, homophobia, pedophilia and absurd.

Do you view christians like that also?
Reply 70
I'm afraid I didn't understand any of that. Sorry. :smile:

"damned if i do, damned if i dont, what you want from a *****, tryin to be the man that you want"

I was just quoting the rest of the verse from a song called "she knows" lol.
Reply 71
Original post by Ciel.
We are talking about the quran teachings now, not about what muslims choose or not choose to do. I never said that they are all like that, I'm simply stating that the quran encourages them to hate and even kill people.
I think you need to be more open minded and stop being so judgemental start respecting other religouns , I am muslim and I do not hate on any other religouns as it is disrespectful . Even though you may not be muslim do not question and make a mockery out of islam , your generalising too much
Original post by saeed97
"damned if i do, damned if i dont, what you want from a *****, tryin to be the man that you want"

I was just quoting the rest of the verse from a song called "she knows" lol.

Popular culture - Not one of my strengths...:smile:
Reply 73
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Do you view christians like that also?

Depends, there was some pretty gruesome barbaric stuff in the old testament too, like an eye for an eye. But the new testament is pretty peaceful, there's no pedophilia in any of them, or slavery either so it's not too bad. But some orthodox christians - hell yes, they are insane.
Nothing. I judge people on their character not their religion.

Choosing to do haraam things does not automatically make you a non-Muslim.

I don't think you have a right to dictate whether people choosing to do 'haraam' things

"Quran 88:26: Then it will be for (only) Us to call them to account."

Which is basically implying that only your God is allowed to judge.

I would say that someone who commits A LOT of haraam things is therefore basically a non-Muslim because what is the worth of continuing to follow Islam and the it's teaching if you are not following it.

A haram is said to be converted into a gravitational force on the day of judgment and placed on mizan (which is weighing scales) because the amount of sinful acts will be recorded by an angel.

Unless there is a way to redeem yourself which I am unaware of.

But my point is if you're committing haraam, therefore meaning not following the teaching's of Islam, are you really a Muslim?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by asi97
I think you need to be more open minded and stop being so judgemental start respecting other religouns , I am muslim and I do not hate on any other religouns as it is disrespectful . Even though you may not be muslim do not question and make a mockery out of islam , your generalising too much

I have the right to question it all. How can I not question it? You pretend that it doesn't contain the gruesome parts but it does! Sorry but any logical person would conclude that parts of quran are a goddamn horror story!
Original post by Ciel.
Depends, there was some pretty gruesome barbaric stuff in the old testament too, like an eye for an eye. But the new testament is pretty peaceful, there's no pedophilia in any of them, or slavery either so it's not too bad. But some orthodox christians - hell yes, they are insane.

If you think there is no slavery in the bible you clearly haven't opened it in your life
Reply 78
Original post by TheTruthTeller
If you think there is no slavery in the bible you clearly haven't opened it in your life

Correction - it's not encouraged by the main character, aka Jesus - he didn't keep slaves, muhammad did. You are right, I have phrased it in the wrong way.
Reply 79
Your text of Quran 4:16 is incorrect.

Your reference of 7:84 is based on a historical event, as ordained by God, and narrated in the Quran. Furthermore, I have only found one reference to the term "brimstone" and it is in the translation of Yusuf Ali. The others simply mention "rain".

It doesn't matter if it's a historical even - it clearly refers to gays. So, you are saying that it's an incorrect translation and the sentence should be rain of rain? There is no way that anyone added a word out of nowhere. So, I'm sorry but I'm not buying that.
Also you haven't explained the repent or be punished bit.

I'm off for tonight so won't reply, don't think I'm ignoring you due to the lack of arguments, beast : P

Quick Reply

Latest