Turn on thread page Beta

Ocr gateway science additional b3 c3 p3 watch

ReputationRep:
    what is most likely to come up in the ocr gateway b science additional test paper on the 6th of JUNE 2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki_99)
    what is most likely to come up in the ocr gateway b science additional test paper on the 6th of JUNE 2015
    I have no idea..is it bad hat I haven't started revising yet? but im a bit too laid back i think, i got two A*'s in the exams last year.

ReputationRep:
    lol, its not bad i jus wanna know whats likely to come up

ReputationRep:
    I'd say revise everything just to be on the safe side. Apparently the heart hasn't come up in a while so it might come up on Monday as well as mitosis. Physics is fine, it's mainly all equations and you get given the formula sheet. I'm focusing on mainly maths right now and going to go over science before the exam haha

ReputationRep:
    The heart came up last year and so did alot of stuff to do with respiration. However I would revise everything if I was you. (Or revise nothing so the the grade boundaries go lower) Please everyone taking this exam don't revise and do your worst so I can get my best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharkfinn87)
    I have no idea..is it bad hat I haven't started revising yet? but im a bit too laid back i think, i got two A*'s in the exams last year.
    Wow, that's soo good! So you got an A* overall including your coursework?
    Any tips on revsion?
    Also could you possibly give me any guidance on this for OCR Core science GCSE:

If my coursework is a C grade (mid-high)= 25%
    Paper 1 (35%)= Estimate about a mid-high C
    Paper 2 (40%)= Estimate about a high B-low A

What grade would I get overall? Could it be possible to get a B overall /higher (hopefully) ?
    Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki_99)
    It's on the 9th of June??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystic mauve)
    it might come up on Monday
    Isn't it on the 6th of june= Tuesday?? Or your doing a different exam? Surely B3 C3 P3 OCR Additional Science B is on that date..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ouatislifex)
    The heart came up last year and so did alot of stuff to do with respiration. However I would revise everything if I was you. (Or revise nothing so the the grade boundaries go lower) Please everyone taking this exam don't revise and do your worst so I can get my best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't it on the 6th of june= Tuesday?? Or your doing a different exam? Surely B3 C3 P3 OCR Additional Science B is on that date..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.l)
    I'd say revise everything just to be on the safe side. Apparently the heart hasn't come up in a while so it might come up on Monday as well as mitosis. Physics is fine, it's mainly all equations and you get given the formula sheet. I'm focusing on mainly maths right now and going to go over science before the exam haha
    It is on the 9th of June isn't it? Someone please tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.l;[url="tel:56668895")
    56668895[/url]]It is on the 9th of June isn't it? Someone please tell me
    Well duhh today is the 6th of June

ReputationRep:
    Well duhh today is the 6th of June
    Sorry, I'm confused.. When is the actual date for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.l)
    Sorry, I'm confused.. When is the actual date for the exam?
    It's on the 9th of June, this tuesday :eek:
    For whoever hasn't revised yet, they can literally do one module a day, starting with chemistry as it seems like it's quite short and repetitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm a peach.)
    It's on the 9th of June, this tuesday :eek:
    For whoever hasn't revised yet, they can literally do one module a day, starting with chemistry as it seems like it's quite short and repetitive
    Thankyou, so I was right?
    What was that about Monday then??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.l)
    Thankyou, so I was right?
    What was that about Monday then??
    Yep!
    I just checked my timetable and I'm guessing that most of us are taking the Maths Calculator paper on Monday haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.l)
    Wow, that's so good! So you got an A* overall including your coursework?
    Any tips on revision?
    Also could you possibly give me any guidance on this for OCR Core science GCSE:

If my coursework is a C grade (mid-high)= 25%
    Paper 1 (35%)= Estimate about a mid-high C
    Paper 2 (40%)= Estimate about a high B-low A

What grade would I get overall? Could it be possible to get a B overall /higher (hopefully) ?
    Much appreciated
    well unfortunately I was 3 marks of an A* overall. I got a B in coursework and 2 A*'s in the exams.

When I revised I did it about a week or a few days before the exam so the info in fresh in your mind, you will forget it if you start to early.

Then go through your book or revision guide if you have one and make noted on different topics, don't move on until you have completely understood everything on each page. After you have done this try to summarise these notes onto 3 A4 sheets, one for physics, chem, biology. You should learn to take down stuff you wont remember, be disciplined on yourself for info you don't need. Read these 3 sheets up unti the exam and you WILL be fine!

ReputationRep:
    well unfortunately I was 3 marks of an A* overall. I got a B in coursework and 2 A*'s in the exams.

When I revised I did it about a week or a few days before the exam so the info in fresh in your mind, you will forget it if you start to early.

Then go through your book or revision guide if you have one and make noted on different topics, don't move on until you have completely understood everything on each page. After you have done this try to summarise these notes onto 3 A4 sheets, one for physics, chem, biology. You should learn to take down stuff you wont remember, be disciplined on yourself for info you don't need. Read these 3 sheets up unti the exam and you WILL be fine!
    I got a B in my controlled assessment so of I got two A's in my exams would I get an A or B. Would I have to get at least one A* to get a A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how high thr B was, if it was low you would have to get an A* and a mid A at least. But it depends on the ums marks.
    (Original post by ouatislifex)
    I got a B in my controlled assessment so of I got two A's in my exams would I get an A or B. Would I have to get at least one A* to get a A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how did you find the exam today? i thought it was good except 2 questions. I forgot how to work out the atom economy oops.

ReputationRep:
    how did you find the exam today? i thought it was good except 2 questions. I forgot how to work out the atom economy oops.
    Was the answer for what was part b/a the right ventricle for the artificial heart? I wrote left because i thought of it as a ACTUAL heart and thought the left was more muscular UGH Really didn't like this paper

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.