The Student Room Group

Ocr gateway science additional b3 c3 p3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bored4687
OMG really :O that is kinda low but thank god, thanks for telling me :smile:

i reckon i got 62/75, the exam seemed pretty easy except the odd question in each section. They should make the boundaries higher, i dont understand why they are soooooo low!!!! :O

Also they should give more lines for your answer, i have large handwriting and struggled to fit it in. I i wrote under the lines would they still mark it? i ran out of space on every question, please help!

Reply 81
i cant wait for the 4s
everyone good luck
:biggrin:
OMG really :O that is kinda low but thank god, thanks for telling me :smile:

Ye it's better for students though eh :smile: Ye last year was 41/75 for an A and 51 for A*, 2013 it was 39 for an A! I think this year they'll stall the same if im honest. Seems weird to think you can get an A on two sections and an E on the other but still keep an A :/
Original post by sharkfinn87
i reckon i got 62/75, the exam seemed pretty easy except the odd question in each section. They should make the boundaries higher, i dont understand why they are soooooo low!!!! :O

Also they should give more lines for your answer, i have large handwriting and struggled to fit it in. I i wrote under the lines would they still mark it? i ran out of space on every question, please help!

Totally agree about how easy it was, i just didnt have enough time :/ Ye agree as well about space i have no idea why they put the 6 marker for biology on that large page and only covered half of it with the answer line -_- I did however ask an invigilator if i could write underneath the lines and she said yes which makes sense as its not the lines that get scanned it's the whole page :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by b.l
Was the answer for what was part b/a the right ventricle for the artificial heart? I wrote left because i thought of it as a ACTUAL heart and thought the left was more muscular UGH:angry::frown: Really didn't like this paper

I think it was actually right ventricle XD

Yes I agree that the boundsries should be higher but at the same time no for our year because for 2 years we had a stupid tracher who did not know how to teach and i basicslly memorised the book by heart :P

Yeah they should give more lines especially for the 6 mark questions, they will scan the whole page so as long your answer is in the box then you will be fine. I wrote under the lines and I asked the invigaltor and he said it will be fine :smile:
Original post by Rigby16
Totally agree about how easy it was, i just didnt have enough time :/ Ye agree as well about space i have no idea why they put the 6 marker for biology on that large page and only covered half of it with the answer line -_- I did however ask an invigilator if i could write underneath the lines and she said yes which makes sense as its not the lines that get scanned it's the whole page :smile:

Yes I agree that the boundsries should be higher but at the same time no for our year because for 2 years we had a stupid tracher who did not know how to teach and i basicslly memorised the book by heart :PYeah they should give more lines especially for the 6 mark questions, they will scan the whole page so as long your answer is in the box then you will be fine. I wrote under the lines and I asked the invigaltor and he said it will be fine :smile:
ok cool thanks, glad some others agree! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Rigby16

Aw well done! But you have to remember that not everyone found it as easy as you did :smile: I think it would be best if the grade boundaries were lower
Reply 88
Original post by iBro99
I think it was actually right ventricle XD

Totally failed that paper :frown:
Reply 89
I think that is wrong. it was fuel C i think which had 9150 J.

i did fuel per gram which made them all equal so A had the most energy per gram, idk tho
Original post by b.l
Was the answer for what was part b/a the right ventricle for the artificial heart? I wrote left because i thought of it as a ACTUAL heart and thought the left was more muscular UGH:angry::frown: Really didn't like this paper

I wrote right ventricle D:
And what the heck where the last two physics questions? :confused:
On the heart question it's printed the opposite to our hearts so left was right and right was left. I put right ventricle as it was the right side of the heart. The left side needed to beat more because it needs to transport the blood around the body.
Reply 92
Original post by I'm a peach.
I wrote right ventricle D:
And what the heck where the last two physics questions? :confused:

I wrote ventricle by itself would I get a mark
Original post by Amardeep1

Honestly i would say yes as the question asked what part A was and left/right gave no indication of what it was
Original post by Amardeep1

yes that should be fine :smile:
Has anyone got an exam today? How many have you guys got left? :smile:
Reply 96
yes that should be fine :smile:

I thought the question was only one mark, so you wouldn't?
What did everybody write for the second half of the chemistry six marker? The first half was really easy as you had to draw and explain the experiment, but the second part was work out the mass of the water used? I know some people who did not even see that part of the question. And what did people write for the question after that about the mass per gram of fuel B (I think it was) ????
Original post by Examgirl234
What did everybody write for the second half of the chemistry six marker? The first half was really easy as you had to draw and explain the experiment, but the second part was work out the mass of the water used? I know some people who did not even see that part of the question. And what did people write for the question after that about the mass per gram of fuel B (I think it was) ????

It was 75 grams or ml
I wrote right atruim oops. And the for race question I didn't realsie that the race wasn't finished on the graph. Oh well R.I.P my additonal science gcse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending