The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Accounting Jan 13 ACCN3

Hi,
Does anyone know how to calculate the purchase of a non current asset on question 6 of the jan 13 paper? The mark scheme is saying the revaluation figure to be included is 17.500 however I am getting 15,100. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Original post by BAF227
Hi,
Does anyone know how to calculate the purchase of a non current asset on question 6 of the jan 13 paper? The mark scheme is saying the revaluation figure to be included is 17.500 however I am getting 15,100. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,

If you look in the Equity section of the balance sheet, there is a Revaluation reserve. This has increased by £17,500 (42500 - 25000). The difference is then used to calculate your purchase of NCA.

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone explain this difference between mark up and margin and how they are caluclated
Reply 3
Original post by AzadRiaz96
If you look in the Equity section of the balance sheet, there is a Revaluation reserve. This has increased by £17,500 (42500 - 25000). The difference is then used to calculate your purchase of NCA.

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right I see, thanks very much for your help!
Reply 4
Original post by Maniisha24
Can someone explain this difference between mark up and margin and how they are caluclated

Mark up is a % of cost = profit, where as margin is a % of sales = profit.
For mark up cost would equal 100% and sales would be the stated mark up added to the cost. For margin sales would equal 100% and cost would be the sales% less the profit margin%.

I hope this helps you out!
Original post by BAF227
Mark up is a % of cost = profit, where as margin is a % of sales = profit.
For mark up cost would equal 100% and sales would be the stated mark up added to the cost. For margin sales would equal 100% and cost would be the sales% less the profit margin%.

I hope this helps you out!

Thank You, helps a lot , that was the only thing that was getting me confused in ACCN3

Quick Reply

Latest