The Student Room Group

Advice for student going into A2?

Effectively im aiming for A*AA.

Obviously with university etc i intend to commit my life to revising.

Should i start as soon as possible? November time?
Be prepared for ****ty, repetitive revision.

The sooner you prepare, the better. Makes the exam period less stressful
Reply 2
Original post by Emily.97
Be prepared for ****ty, repetitive revision.

The sooner you prepare, the better. Makes the exam period less stressful

So i should start preparing November time?
Original post by Presque là
So i should start preparing November time?

I guess- what are you studying?
once you have the basics of a topic covered in class, DO NOT FORGET ABOUT IT. Do a question on it at least once a week for now; increase it when you get back in September, make sure you know that crap. (basically for physics I entirely forgot everything about transformers until we did a full paper in like February)

You say you'll devote your life to revision, if you're going to, stick to it. Make revision timetables, know exactly what you're going to do, and DISCIPLINE yourself. Don't allow yourself "five more minutes" on youtube or whatever. Get it done.

Also, don't spend 100% of your waking hours revising. It's unhealthy. It's okay to take an evening off. Meet with friends, watch netflix. I'd also recommend doing exercise regularly; if you feel trapped inside go for a run, it'll be worth it and helps clear your head.

DO NOT skip revising for a topic you don't like. Don't tell me how but this increases the chances of it coming up on the exam by like 9001%

DO revise AS topics every now and then. For science subjects this helps massively, as many topics are interlinked. (especially chemistry). It's also nice to be able to do a paper and think "wow, I know this stuff!"
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest