The Student Room Group

A Level History Edexcel Unit 3 Option A 1536-1588 Predictions????

Scroll to see replies

Yeah i was thinking this too but i think the more focussed question could be Elizabeth this year?
Original post by -Rachel
I think it's quite likely as she has yet to have a question centred around her yet
What would you write about Henry's privy council? / how would you structure the whole essay?
Yeah thats exactly what i would do... Elizabeth i personally would leave out due to timing but if theres was time in sure it would give the balance and a good answer? :smile:

Original post by toastier
How do you seperate essays into sections? Like for the privy council question I would seperate it into
Privy council - Henry, Edward, Mary, LJG
Rising parliamentary role
Rising royal power
Relationship between crown + church/crown+ nobility
Is that right? And how would you section off the Elizabethan threat, would you just talk about foreign policy?
Reply 23
What do you mean exactly by threats to Elizabeth? Her foreign policy?
Reply 24
Original post by b.q
What do you mean exactly by threats to Elizabeth? Her foreign policy?

There is the plots to overthrow her and such. Throckmorton and Ridolfi and Babbington. Mary Queens of Scots was a threat. Spanish were a threat, Scottish were a threat as were the French. Also religion, the puritans.
Reply 25
Does anyone have any more predictions on what is likely to come up?
How did you guys find it? :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by RobMonTom

I thought it went quite well, really glad that the 1549 rebellion came up, although I didn't think the sources were too great for t
Original post by -Rachel
I thought it went quite well, really glad that the 1549 rebellion came up, although I didn't think the sources were too great for t

Aww thats good! I loved it i thought it was a really nice paper for us to get.... yeah i like source 1 and 3 but i didnt like 2!!! Good luck in any other exams you have!! :biggrin:
Reply 29
Aww thats good! I loved it i thought it was a really nice paper for us to get.... yeah i like source 1 and 3 but i didnt like 2!!! Good luck in any other exams you have!! :biggrin:

Glad you liked it too, good luck on your exams too 😊😊😊

I ran out of time on the rebellion Q! I think I only did 5 sides (I'm hoping my mind is playing tricks and I actually did 7 but probably not) and I didn't directly quote any sources in my pitiful & rushed half a page conclusion.... There goes my A haha
Felt there was balancing issues for me in the rebellions questions
It was, from my perspective, extremely hard to balance the answer for the rebellions. The sources from my interpretation were all over the place and we not giving any one sided arguments which you could say "Source 1 completely agrees/ disagrees" etc, which made me feel that I wasn't answering the question to the best of my ability. However, I did like how much there was to critique throughout the sources and I feel this might have showed my independence of thought throughout my essay! I think I may get a B overall now!
HI, I sat this paper today and choose to do the question on Anglo Spanish relations for section A, just wondered if anyone can remember the wording of the question and the years that it specified?
Original post by FrancisDrake
HI, I sat this paper today and choose to do the question on Anglo Spanish relations for section A, just wondered if anyone can remember the wording of the question and the years that it specified?

Im unsure of the wording but the years were 1558-1574 :biggrin:
Im unsure of the wording but the years were 1558-1574 :biggrin:

Thanks :P, this is because after I answered it I realised that I had used examples past this time period such as the inevitable war of the Spanish armada of 1588 and treaty of joinville in 1584. Although these reinforced my argument, i am afraid i may be marked down for using them.
Reply 36
Any1 else did tudor gov finamce reform q
hw did u guys structure itt ????
Original post by TSweety

I didnt but u would of probs have to talk about dissolution, court of augmentations nd how Northumberland fixed it and then against you would talk about henry wasting it in war and debasement and somesets policies i think
Hello i did financial reform! I did agreement to the question (Cromwells revolution/ Northumberland ending war, debasement, tax etc) then i did diagree (Henry not sticking to Cromwells reforms, Seymour loaning more money to fund a war with scotland to secure the Mary Queen of Scots and Edward marriage)
Original post by TSweety
Reply 39
Anyone do the Parliaments question? I feel like I'm the only one...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending