The Student Room Group

[Unofficial thread] GCSE Edexcel statistics 18 June 2015

Ask any questions for GCSE edexcel statistics on this thread.
Is this writing frame that I wrote a good one for the statistics coursework:

Mathematics Statistics CourseworkWriting FrameThis piece of coursework should include:
Introduction
Hypotheses
Plan of action
Then…
Any statistical diagrams you do INCLUDING the following heading after each diagram.
’WHAT MY GRAPH SHOWS ME?’(Remember to say whether this supports your hypotheses or not! These will be mini conclusions of what each graph shows you.)
MY NEXT STEP (What do you intend to do next and why?)
ConclusionAppendices (any raw data use want to include)

The following writing frame may help you when writing your introduction, hypotheses and plan of action.
Paragraph 1 - Introduction
The first paragraph should be the introduction to the coursework.The following are suggestions of sentence starters that you may wish to use:
The focus of my coursework is…I am going to investigate whether…
This paragraph needs to be at least 50 words.
Paragraph 2 - Hypotheses
The second paragraph should be about the questions (hypotheses) you are investigating.The following are suggestions of sentence starters that you may wish to use:The hypotheses I will be testing are… (or) I think that… I think they are true because…This paragraph needs to have 1 hypothesis if you’re a foundation candidate, 2 if you’re an intermediate candidate and 3 if you’re a higher candidate. The hypotheses need to be linked.
Paragraph 3 Plan Of ActionThe third paragraph should be about your plan of action (how you intend to go about your doing your project).The following are suggestions of sentence starters that you may wish to use:For my coursework I will need to collect data to do with… (people’s height for eg.)I will need to collect pieces of data.I will/will not use all of the data I collectI will need to take a …(random, statisfied etc.) sample I will get the data from…I will make sure that my data is reliable and not biased by…
I will record the data I collect in a…I do/don’t expect to have any problems when I am collecting my data? (Personal, incorrect, missing data), but if I do come across any problems, I intend to deal with them by… (ignore it, resample?)I will/will not need to put my data into groups because…I will group it by…If I have any incorrect or incomplete data, then I will…The statistical calculations I am planning to do are…I plan to do most of the calculations… (by hand or on the computer?)I hope the results of my calculations will show…The statistical diagrams and graphs am I planning to draw are…I hope each diagram and graph will show…
This paragraph needs to be at least 200 words.
Final Stage - The Conclusion
The first paragraph should be the overall conclusion to the coursework.The following are suggestions of sentence starters that you may wish to use: Overall, my project proves / disproves my original hypothesesI am saying this because…I believe my sample was/wasn’t large enough to represent the population fairly.I think the data that I collected was / wasn’t representative of the population from which it was taken.As a result of my findings, I changed / didn’t change my original hypotheses.If I were going to do the investigation again the things I would have done differently are…I could develop my investigation by…This conclusion needs to be at least 150 word
(edited 8 years ago)
stupid copy and paste
What questions are in the paper? Need Help!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest