Do men prefer the athletic/physically fit body on women or do they want soft bodies?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Was just reading a thread on being attracted to fit/ripped bodies and someone made a point about the type of bodies which men are attracted to. With being into fitness/lifting myself I'm wondering will it help me to stay attractive if I always have a physically fit toned looking body? I'm only 5ft though (and have very pale skin which goes against me ) if it makes any difference lol.

Anyway yea do men get attracted by toned/athletic looking bodies. Or do men prefere soft bodies with a bit of weight in which case will I be wasting my time making an effort? Out of interest if I kept it up all my life how would it help me in middle age, or would it not make any difference..
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
I'm plump but very pretty, TBH I think nowadays with society having a very unhealthy anorexic ideal as "beauty" anything but being curvy/voluptuous is what guys like. I have trouble finding a bf even though I'm not super obese lol!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm plump but very pretty, TBH I think nowadays with society having a very unhealthy anorexic ideal as "beauty" anything but being curvy/voluptuous is what guys like. I have trouble finding a bf even though I'm not super obese lol!!
I've heard some guys say they like a little to hold onto etc so quite a few would probably like your body type but in general I don't know what men think. I know you get those guys who like a bit of meat as they say and then those who like very slim.

I was just wondering in general if having an athletic body increases a woman's attractiveness
Mathsqueen
Badges: 9
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Im not a male.

But I can say from experience that every guy has a preference, you can't refer to men's preferences in general because they're all different, some men are all about the curves and a** while others just don't care about looks at all. You shouldn't change the way you look and make yourself look more "attractive" to impress anyone.

You do you.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Anon #1 may be able to hang upside-down on the monkey bars for 15 minutes
Anon #2 may be able to sing All About That Bass

(I know what I prefer )
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
4ft 11" to 5ft 3" height range. Soft body type with a dress size of 6 to 8.

Come at me ladies and white knights!
NickEgg
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr Smurf)

you forgot "white"
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Men want different things, and are attracted to different things. From what I know, we don't like the extremes of either side.

Soft, curvy bodies with a bit of weight are sexy as hell. Same applies to small, petite, "toned" bodies.

Personally I don't think attracting the opposite sex is a good motivational factor for exercising and eating well.

If you kept up your exercise and eating habits for 40-50 years/until you reach old age, you'll still be stronger than 99% of the population. Bones denser, stronger, not as brittle. You'll also avoid a host of health issues, as you're probably already aware of.
Mr Smurf
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NickEgg)
you forgot "white"
I don't need to mention it because everyone knows and this is a thread about body type.
Anonymous #1

forget white knights what do the alphas like
MrBowcat
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The general preference is relatively toned. However, a narrow waist and a voluptuous heinie has a man on his knees.
Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

4'11" - 5'3"? If you're a short ass guy then sure. I'd rather not have to bend down that far to kiss someone.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dheorl)
4'11" - 5'3"? If you're a short ass guy then sure. I'd rather not have to bend down that far to kiss someone.
she might not like being kissed, either way lie down then!
Tone Loc
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I like skinny girls with soft bodies. I'd prefer not to be feeling rock hard muscles as I'm grabbing different parts of her body. It's very unfeminine for a girl to have particularly prominent or well-developed muscles, like some professional female athletes (not all of them of course).
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tone Loc)
I like skinny girls with soft bodies. I'd prefer not to be feeling rock hard muscles as I'm grabbing different parts of her body. It's very unfeminine for a girl to have particularly prominent or well-developed muscles, like some professional female athletes (not all of them of course).
How much muscle do you have, do you play sports and or lift weights?
Tone Loc
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How much muscle do you have, do you play sports and or lift weights?
I don't play sports or lift weights anymore. I have very little muscle mass lol.
little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Love physically fit girls. So hot. :sexface:

But as long as a girl looks after herself, her body will be fine.
Mr Smurf
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yes I am short. So short slim girls are the best for me. In fact, they are the best in general regardless of the guys height.
Iloveuuu
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
'Mr Smurf', I think you get the idea...
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I liked soft bodies. Toned is good but when you remove all of the fat you're left with a lack of shape.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads