The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
doady
I don't think so, we were given a Warwick ID number in the welcome email after sending our application... I haven't tried it out yet but I think that is the ID they request.

If its 09XXXXX then its what you need.

I doubt they issue ID numbers without confirmed place though.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
polaroid13
Slightly off topic - For uploading our photo for the Uni card - it says to use our university number as the user name and DOB as password. What is the uni number? Thanks.

I spent ages choosing a nice one for mine and uploaded it.

Then when I got there, it turned out for some reason they didn't have it even though it said it had been accepted...and they made me queue ages when I got there and then took one on the spot when I'd been in a car for about 12 hours. I look awful on it :-(
Reply 1562
Sytev

I got that number in my first email from Warwick called "University of Warwick Application Acknowledgement"
Sytev
Im going into 3rd, and I have to admit, i dont really have much contact with my ex-hallsmates.

However, this is more just to a drift in interests, living arrangements and timetables than disagreements.

I got on famously with them while we lived together, and have a good chat if we meet, but alas, thats about it. I would have to say there was only one person I didnt get on with, but they were pretty much universally disliked.

I got on well with all of them... but people did seem to split into a few groups too. Now I don't see many of them at all... just because when you're not living together, and not on the same course... it sometimes isn't the same! But normally you'll be with some people you like at least AND the people from above/below in your flat (or hall) might come and see you too!
polaroid13
How is the typical kitchen equipped in terms of storage? Is it just one fridge/freezer with one cupboard?
And the same for our rooms? Does it have bed, desk, wardrobe?
And how does the communal phone thing work? I assume it can do both incoming and outcoming calls? Do we pay a bill for the phone or is it included in the accom fee.

The accom website should have this info for each different hall of residence.
I was in Tocil and we had (for 12 people) 2 friges and 1 freezer in our kitchen. Everyone got a reasonable sized drawer and cupboard too. There was 1 microwave, 1 oven, 4 cooking hobs.

My room had the bed, a bedside table, a reasonable sized desk, a wardrobe (which was small as I'm used to a huuge one) and a really nice big board thing to stick photos etc on above the desk. Hope my next year accom has that too xD
The communcal phone you can figure out when you get there, can normally take incoming and outgoing calls. People calling you dial a special number I think, but it should say ON the phone itself.
sk88
Hmmm..when i checked on the warwick accomodation site..i'm pretty sure all accomodations said washbasin in room...but i could be wrong

Tocil doesn't...and there's at least one other that doesn't.
But actually, it didn't bother me.
Reply 1566
doady
I got that number in my first email from Warwick called "University of Warwick Application Acknowledgement"

Yeh i have one aswell, but i'm not taking risks...just going ot wait for the welcome pack to come.
Reply 1567
Miss_Scarlet
Tocil doesn't...and there's at least one other that doesn't.
But actually, it didn't bother me.

Ahhh i see...well all the ones i applied to have, i think its pretty useful..but yeh i reckon i can live without one.
Reply 1568
Sytev

I've just checked the email i got when i first applied...and yep its a 7 digit number 092XXXX
sk88
I've just checked the email i got when i first applied...and yep its a 7 digit number 092XXXX

Crap! I don't have that email. :eek3:
sk88

Just found mine.

Mine is 090XXXX

and it's an awesome XXXX :awesome:
polaroid13
Crap! I don't have that email. :eek3:

I've only been sent my number twice via email - once from the Maths department and once in the seasons greetings.

I assume it would have also been in the blue headed letters produced by Warwick Print. But I'm too lazy to go and check for you :p:
There's not much point in hiding your University numbers btw (well it's your choice of course, but you don't have to), you'll find they'll be posted publicly around your departments and/or online all year round :p:
secretmessages
There's not much point in hiding your University numbers btw (well it's your choice of course, but you don't have to), you'll find they'll be posted publicly around your departments and/or online all year round :p:

The initial password is my DOB. I don't want to say my number - I've said the month I'm born in many times on here.
TheTallOne
The initial password is my DOB. I don't want to say my number - I've said the month I'm born in many times on here.

That's true I suppose, although "password" limits itself to being the password for enrolling online when it opens next month. Nothing else can be done with the combination apart from enrolling and I doubt anyone will want to do that for you :p: They can't gain anything from it anyway. But sure, perhaps keeping it secret until you've enrolled is an extra precaution to take :smile:
secretmessages
That's true I suppose, although "password" limits itself to being the password for enrolling online when it opens next month. Nothing else can be done with the combination apart from enrolling and I doubt anyone will want to do that for you :p: They can't gain anything from it anyway. But sure, perhaps keeping it secret until you've enrolled is an extra precaution to take :smile:

I've just been able to access some content which requires a log in. Some is still restricted though.

Oh, and someone could be naughty and submit a photo of 'me'.
TheTallOne
I've just been able to access some content which requires a log in. Some is still restricted though.

Oh, and someone could be naughty and submit a photo of 'me'.

Oh, log in where, just out of interest? I was unaware you could use your Uni number before you've enrolled. Or is the photo submission separate to the enrollment? My memory sucks, I only did this last year :p:
secretmessages
Oh, log in where, just out of interest? I was unaware you could use your Uni number before you've enrolled. Or is the photo submission separate to the enrollment? My memory sucks, I only did this last year :p:

http://mathstuff.warwick.ac.uk/

I'm just bored - seeing as I just found out I can login now rather than in a few weeks, I decided to test where I can get to.

There are probably other places, but this is the first place I checked :p:
TheTallOne
http://mathstuff.warwick.ac.uk/

I'm just bored - seeing as I just found out I can login now rather than in a few weeks, I decided to test where I can get to.

There are probably other places, but this is the first place I checked :p:

Ah right I didn't know you could use that to get onto Maths already. Fair enough :smile:
TheTallOne
I've only been sent my number twice via email - once from the Maths department and once in the seasons greetings.

I assume it would have also been in the blue headed letters produced by Warwick Print. But I'm too lazy to go and check for you :p:

Ah not to worry. The first thing I did this morning was check all the letters that I have received from Warwick, and it was on there.
No worries - its the thought that counts.
And say...aren't you the young one? The one who's not going to be 18 when you go to Warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest