Just going to add my input for Tocil.
- 6 or 12 people sharing one flat
- one bathroom (with toilet + shower), and another with toilet + bath tub
- In each room there is : one long table with drawers, movable bedside tablem, three shelves, wardrobe, mirror, bed. But no sink.
- Right next door to the Sports centre, good for gym and sport enthusiasts
- Approx. 3* minute walk to the union (although not sure about next year, when the union will be housed in a temporary tent), costcutters, banks and other shops on central campus - as well as the Arts Centre
- Approx 7-10* minute walk to Tesco.
- Approx. 3-5* minutes walk to the Library, Humanities building, and other buildings on Library Road.
- Decent noise levels, noise from the union doesn't normally travel as far as Tocil. Also relatively quiet compared to Rootes.
- 'Community' feel (especially if you get a 6 person flat); less people per corridor
- On central campus, so close to other accommodations.
- Tocil fields, available for kicking a ball around
- Very decent sized kitchen, enough shelving space and fridge/freezer space for everyone
- Laundry for Tocil residents only. Generally enough washing machines, but tend to get busy during peak hours.
- Don't have to move out during holidays; saves a lot of hassle. Relatively cheap too.
- Within a block, each flat has a locked door before you can enter, so it's safe.
- Relatively thin walls. Sometimes possible to hear muffled noises from flatmates.
- Room doesn't get cleaned, but then again, you don't have to worry about cleaners moving your things around
*note: walking estimates will vary from person to person, and my estimates are fairly generous seeing as I'm a slow walker