Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is your weirdest dream watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I had this horrible horrible dream the other day, I cant actually remember what it was now, but it was like, I was falling asleep, but something caught fire(somehow) next to me, and I was trying to move to put it out, but I couldnt move, and I kept getting sleepier and sleepier(Yes - I was dreaming about getting sleep) and I was really trying desperately hard to stay awake/move so I could put the fire out. It was actually quite distressing, I woke up like a second later and was relieved to find it was only a dream, it felt so real though

ReputationRep:
    well last week i dreamt that i was shakespeare! and i was eating sausages and potatoes in an inn in shakespearean glasgow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    i have a lot of dreams with my teachers in
    Recently I dreamed of the same teacher for three nights in a row.

ReputationRep:
    I have dreams where I see my friends and I know its them but they look completely different....The weirdest dream I have had was in black and white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    well last week i dreamt that i was shakespeare! and i was eating sausages and potatoes in an inn in shakespearean glasgow...
    Someone's been doing too much english...

ReputationRep:
    The whole jerking self awake thing whilst having some kind of falling dream is meant to be to do with an imbalance of the fluid in your ears. apparently it suddenly moves and so u feel like you are falling
    anyone else get these but when they wake up they actually throw their arms/legs about as if tryin to stop themselves falling? i always think im falling outta bed when really im in the middle!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniBarSmarties)
    The whole jerking self awake thing whilst having some kind of falling dream is meant to be to do with an imbalance of the fluid in your ears. apparently it suddenly moves and so u feel like you are falling
    anyone else get these but when they wake up they actually throw their arms/legs about as if tryin to stop themselves falling? i always think im falling outta bed when really im in the middle!! :rolleyes:
    Yeh I find it really scary when it happens and it takes me arges to get back to sleep because I am wide away! Apparently the whole falling thing is to do with your body relaxing...the most horrible thing is when you feel like your falling down stairs and wake up- I have that as a recurring dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniBarSmarties)
    Yes that's exactly what it feels like. I quite enjoy it actually. Loosens me up =P

ReputationRep:
    i once had a dream in the third person. I was essentially god in it. That was cool. Quite an anti climax to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I've had some very weird dreams (although everyone does I think). Once I was dreaming I was in a war like WW2 except in medieval times and I caught a grenade in my mouth for attention but it went off and I woke up really shocked. :confused:

Oh and does anyone else get it when they're JUST about to go to sleep when in a dream they trip over a rock or something, and jerk, and wake themselves up? I do that all the time.. :confused:

I always have dream where everything gets mixed together, like I'm playing football, then suddenly I walk home and I'm in college or on holiday, and the funny thing is I never realise these completely obvious transitions when I'm actually in the dream.

Apparently there are people who can control their dreams as well, or so my friend says. That would be so good, just going round breaking stuff without any consequences. :cool:
    Yes, I get that shock/jerk thing too! I thought I was some kind of psychologically traumented kid, like I had some kind of nervous disorder or something. It's like a ton weight has been lifted from my shoulders! Now only a few hundred more to go...

(First post)

ReputationRep:
    Weirdest dream: There was this maze of, well not of dandelions, but of those white puffy things dandelions turn into, you know what I mean - and I was supposed to lead this group of people through this maze, which was a big responsibility for me, or something....and then at some point (dunno how we got there) we were at my school having our class picture taken......and then at the end there was this bit about me jumping into a fish bowl, and turning into a cow (!!!) People were looking in at me in the fish bowl, and laughing at me, but I was completely oblivious to it, because I was just a cow you see, and I was stupid.

Freakiest dream: I was playing with this cute baby, but then after a while I noticed that it wasn't really moving, and I realized it was dead (*shudder*).

ReputationRep:
    I had a weird dream last night.. It started when I was in a car going down a motorway at night and staring at the lamp posts, then a weird transition into this long feild with all these blind cows that needed hearding into a second area that looked like a huge painballing arena, so i pushed them all in then saw loads of my friends there, and they were on a mission to catch this boomerang thing but I didn't want to play so I threw it miles away. :confused:

Then we walked down this forest path searching for it because I changed my mind and then saw this bad guy (yeah.. don't know how he was bad..) and he ran away, so we went back to the feild on bicycles but for some reason we were faster off them, so I got off and caught up with my friends who were gathered round a climbing wall, and I climbed to the top and looked over it with binoculars and saw these bad people in a meeting, but somehow there was a large reflection in the sky of it so we all watched it. It was like a salesman trying to sell a small shop...

Then I woke up. :confused:
    I don't actually think I've had a normal dream in my life...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I had another dream that a bird flew into our house (not a good symbol)

I've had dreams where i woke up and told someone about the dream I just had and realised I was in another dream.

I've actually been revising in my dream and working out things I couldn't understand when I was awake.

I also had a dream where I worked out this maths equation and I could see it written down, I think it was to solve a mystery or something, but woke up and couldn't remember it....typical

ReputationRep:
    once drempt about a hotel i'd never seen before and animals were staying there. then a year or so later i drove past a hotel- in real life this is now- and had a flash back to my dream- it was the same hotel. was strange had never seen it before, drempt about it, then saw it! ooooOOOOOOooh

had a horrible one about a little blonde boy in a blazer jacket walking after me constantly with a pair of scissors trying to kill me. i was running like crazy away from him but he was always right behind me with those bloody scissors. and i kept trying to hide in places but every hiding place had a dead body in that the little boy had slashed to death!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i have loads of weird dreams, the funniest was being eaten by a giant baboon that was trying to take apart my house.
    Yeah i get woken up just as Im falling asleep- usually because something startling that makes me jump or start in my fream happens- then i realise im awake. Funny cos i never wake up in the morning like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah_mushroom)
    Yeah i get woken up just as Im falling asleep- usually because something startling that makes me jump or start in my fream happens- then i realise im awake. Funny cos i never wake up in the morning like this.
    I think that's because your heart slows down so your body wakes you up again

ReputationRep:
    I used to have this recurring dream where i was burid alive and i was just trapped in a coffin! Its really scared me! I used to wake up n do something to get it outta me head! has any1 else ever had that?? Some people have actually been burid alive which i find slighty worrying?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    I used to have this recurring dream where i was burid alive and i was just trapped in a coffin! Its really scared me! I used to wake up n do something to get it outta me head! has any1 else ever had that?? Some people have actually been burid alive which i find slighty worrying?!
    Being thrown out of the window in a maths lesson by my maths teacher for getting some trig questions wrong, it was a very high building too, luckily I woke up before I hit the bottom...

ReputationRep:
    Well i don't know about werid, but i had a really cool dream afew nights ago where i was one of the Riders of Rohan in the final battle for Middle Earth.

ReputationRep:
    I had sick dream where i ate a cockroach!
    i havnt been able to get the image out of my mind

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.