The Student Room Group

A level maths 1 year help

Hey, I am doing AS and A2 maths in one year (full a level).I have exams in summer 2016.
I am taking 6 exams (C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, S2)
Please could anyone help me out with a revision timetable or any guidance on revision. I would like to know how many hours to revise for each exam and how to get high grades. PS i have no other a level subjects or any other commitments. I am motivated to get an A. I just need guidance on how to start and approach my goals.
Thank you
Reply 1
Study 6 days per week; 4 hours per day; 1 month per unit; start revising in February.
Reply 2
Original post by themaster18
Hey, I am doing AS and A2 maths in one year (full a level).I have exams in summer 2016.
I am taking 6 exams (C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, S2)
Please could anyone help me out with a revision timetable or any guidance on revision. I would like to know how many hours to revise for each exam and how to get high grades. PS i have no other a level subjects or any other commitments. I am motivated to get an A. I just need guidance on how to start and approach my goals.
Thank you

Literally as much as you possibly can. AS units should be okay, but I know from my experience of 2014's core 2 paper, they are really changing up the style of papers (all exam boards) and trying to make them more challenging. Core 3 and core 4 are going to be the main challenges. Make sure you don't just rely on a textbook for any A level maths unit (whether AS or A2) as these questions are much easier than the exam questions, but they are good as a sort of beginning level to get the fundamental practice before approaching exam questions. Past papers are the best for revision, but also just any practice exam questions you can get your hands on! Be really harsh when you mark your practice papers, so you have a true idea of how you're doing. To be honest, the key to A level maths is practice from the very start of the course!
Useful websites I've used are exam solutions (these are mainly questions for edexcel and ocr but it doesn't always hurt to do questions from other exam boards as all the specs are virtually the same). Also maybe Khan Academy and Maths and Physics Tutor. BUY THE CGP REVISION GUIDE IT HAS SAVED ME MANY A TIME or even borrow it from your college library. There are separate ones for AS and A2, and they each also have the stats modules you're doing in them.

I didn't do fast-track A level maths but I've just finished A2 and I can say I found it hard enough doing it in two years, but I'd say fast-track should be perfectly manageable as long as you keep on top of it from the start. Also when you get your AS results, always consider resitting a module even if you got an A to make it a little easier on yourself to maintain this grade at A2 (in terms of UMS).
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest