Friends and ethics

Watch
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Say your friends or a group of a friends are actively behaving in behaviour that you feel ethically opposed to, would you mention it?

This has happened to me in the past but the trouble is it put a huge strain in those relationships as people don't often enjoy dissenting opinions. And I'm not especially good at making friends.

Is part of friendship just blind loyalty despite your own conscience? (as long as there's no major damage)
Tone Loc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I posses neither friends nor ethics, so I'm unable to provide an answer to your question.
Zechs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No that type of friendship is for fools. If you live by a set of morals and you think a friends behaviour differs greatly from this re-evaluate that friendship and end it if you have to. Of course you may give them an pportunity to change but if they don't change positively go your own way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (921)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (408)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed