j.aj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I need to decide soon so any thoughts on pros and cons for both?
rbgpwer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am currently studying at the City Law School and I also visited Brunel on an open evening. I will advise on what I know
City is better ranked for law than Brunel, so in that sense, City would be more suitable.
Be advised that at City, in the 1st and 2nd year, there is no essays, assessment counting towards the grades. You have to sit all exams in May and only the May exam will count. In that sense, it will be hard, and expect a lot of work and i and responsible student life as it can be tricky.
Third years electives are very good, they are numerous and you have a lot to choose from with complete freedom of choice.
Brunel has less choices but it has the good opportunity to have a placement included in the degree.

Also, City is not a campus based Uni, as most of central London universities. You will have all the facilities you need (library, on side university restaurants, coffewhops, study rooms, computer rooms etc...) but the accommodation is not within a closed campus, however don't worry it is close to the main City campus (Northampton Square), 10-15mn walk. Islington is a nice area with a lot of entertainment, restaurants, bars, shopping..etc. City is situated between Angel, Barbican and Farringdon, with a lot of professional connections.
Brunel is a campus based university, its like a small town with everything in it. Literaly everything, even a small 'main' commercial street with coffeeshops, bank, restaurant, supermarket. The negative point is the distance to go to central London. Brunel is in Uxbridge. I personally live in central London and when I had to go to Brunel, my commute was 1h30 long, and when you have to go back, it is quite a lot. Uxbridge is a small area around London, specifically a town, quite quiet.

I hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.72%
Uncertainty around my education (83)
11.58%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (76)
10.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (92)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.3%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.72%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.74%
Financial worries (46)
6.42%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
6%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (69)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (56)
7.81%

Watched Threads