Turn on thread page Beta

How to get a girlfriend? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im 17 and i need a bit of help on how to get a girlfriend. I took a year out this year and looking to go to college in september and im gona go into maybe a plumbing course(apprenticeship) or something along those lines, so there will probably be no girls in my class.

I must admit when im when im in a group and there are girls i do get nervous speaking to them because im a bit affraid of what they will think of me(which i know is daft). And i also admit im a bit shy at first when speaking to people but once i get over that im ok.

I know its a bit silly and i know im only young but im just a bit worried that i wont get a girlfriend, and im at the stage of my life where i want a girlfriend.

When i am in a group its normally with boys(no im not gay), so i rarely speak to girls that much, which is a big problem. I mean when im out i see girls that i really like but its not like im gona walk up to them. I mean im not ugly, when i meet people they normally say i look like prince william(which i think is a bit of a complement, that was my nickname at high school , im 6ft, quite well built, im a bit chubby around the belly but not that much to call me fat.

Am i being stupid? is it just a matter of time before i meet someone(as i am quite young)? I do think im worrying about nothing, i think all i have to is try and forget about, because maybe if i do forget about it a girl might come along.

Anyway i needed to let that out, and i have so i will end it there.

ReputationRep:
    Its like catching a bus in a rural area, if you want a bus it won't turn up, then when you're waiting to catch a bus their are loads of them.

If you're desperate you could try cheesey night clubs although I wouldn't recomend it.

ReputationRep:
    go out with your mates. just don't be afraid to talk to girls (and if we bite it's a good sign)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    no im not desprate, and im not the club kinda guy and plus im under age.

Im just worried a bit about college because i might be doing plumbing or something like that and there will probably be no girls in the class, and even when i see girls in the canteen or somewhere i will probably find it hard to go up to them because of my slight shyness.

ReputationRep:
    Do a search for all the other countless 'I want a girlfriend' threads before starting*another* one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smokey636)

Im just worried a bit about college because i might be doing plumbing or something like that and there will probably be no girls in the class, and even when i see girls in the canteen or somewhere i will probably find it hard to go up to them because of my slight shyness.
    Erm I have a kind of similar problem as I am on virtualy an all mail course, however some of my course is taught in the art and design school which has plenty of good looking women it in. You probably need to organise a damn good party!

ReputationRep:

don't worry! you will end up talking to girls at college, one of your mates is bound to be mates with a girl who's part of a group etc. i know hardly anyone at my college, regardless of subjects, who doesn't have a mixed group of friends. just think of talking to girl like talking to a guy, really not that scary.

lou xx

ReputationRep:
    Im 17 and i need a bit of help on how to get a girlfriend. I took a year out this year and looking to go to college in september and im gona go into maybe a plumbing course(apprenticeship) or something along those lines, so there will probably be no girls in my class.

I must admit when im when im in a group and there are girls i do get nervous speaking to them because im a bit affraid of what they will think of me(which i know is daft). And i also admit im a bit shy at first when speaking to people but once i get over that im ok.

I know its a bit silly and i know im only young but im just a bit worried that i wont get a girlfriend, and im at the stage of my life where i want a girlfriend.

When i am in a group its normally with boys(no im not gay), so i rarely speak to girls that much, which is a big problem. I mean when im out i see girls that i really like but its not like im gona walk up to them. I mean im not ugly, when i meet people they normally say i look like prince william(which i think is a bit of a complement, that was my nickname at high school , im 6ft, quite well built, im a bit chubby around the belly but not that much to call me fat.

Am i being stupid? is it just a matter of time before i meet someone(as i am quite young)? I do think im worrying about nothing, i think all i have to is try and forget about, because maybe if i do forget about it a girl might come along.

Anyway i needed to let that out, and i have so i will end it there.
    I know how you feel mate.

ReputationRep:
    hehehe sounds like a mire i'm stuck in, i can't really approach girls i don't know - because i think in terms pf how i would feel if some strange unknown person came up to me and started talking

ReputationRep:
    If you keep looking for a girlfriend there will be an un-liklihood that you won't find one. Just take each day as it comes

ReputationRep:
    cheers guys thanks for your coments

ReputationRep:
    cheers guys thanks for your coments
    to get girl's attention u need to know what we like!!

ReputationRep:
    and what would that be?

ReputationRep:
    and what would that be?
    i don't know about others but i like boy with good sense of humor, sophisticated, unique, white teeth (that is very important to me for some reason), cheeky smile, affactionate eyes... so many things
    but don't change urslef, u have to find a girl like u for who u are.

ReputationRep:
    owow i forgot something that is important... messy hairstyle (i don't mean that messy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    i don't know about others but i like boy with good sense of humor, sophisticated, unique, white teeth (that is very important to me for some reason), cheeky smile, affactionate eyes... so many things
    but don't change urslef, u have to find a girl like u for who u are.
    eh! i always thought you were a bloke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    eh! i always thought you were a bloke!
    why is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    why is that?
    I don't know. But he/she is insulting you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumner7)
    I don't know. But he/she is insulting you!!!
    well people used to call me tomboy, i don't really mind. but if he/she see me in person, i will change his/her mind

ReputationRep:
    The more you hesitate talking to girls, then you will find it harder and harder to talk to them.

Yes, I do realise that shyness is not an easy thing to overcome, but think about it; what is the worst that could happen?

You go up to a girl, try to strike up a conversation. The worst thing is that you look like a bit of a wally and the girl and a couple of her friends might have a bit of a laugh, but that is it. They will probably forget it by the next day anyway.

Just take the chance.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.