Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My book is confusing me and I didn't really understand them vectors....
    Looking for any links which may help me......

(Original post by toxi)
    My book is confusing me and I didn't really understand them vectors....
    Looking for any links which may help me......
    If you are doing Edexcel then the Heinmann (sp?) revison guide is like the bible for me and it is pretty good on vectors.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna buy that but I'm international and even if I order it online it won't arrive before the exam

ReputationRep:
    I know a really good site with everything that u need on pure maths and stats go to www.mathsnet.net and click on curriculum 2000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    If you are doing Edexcel then the Heinmann (sp?) revison guide is like the bible for me and it is pretty good on vectors.
    I found the revision guides weren't very good for explaining the methods well, they just had lots of extra questions to practice from

ReputationRep:
    I havn't looked at the revision books, but the Heinmann books are in general abysmal at explaining anything. They seem able to make even the simplest things appear complicated and in some cases simply tell you to do things without explaining what they mean or why we should find this particular piece of maths interesting. For example, in P5 they teach you loads of stuff about conic sections without ever refering to conic sections or how such shapes are generated. Also, they write stuff about radius of curvature and intrinsic coordinates without explaining what they really mean, they just tell you the method you should use to solve the questions they might ask in the exam. I think the books are extremely poor, not only are they hard to learn from but also they do nothing to make maths seem interesting.

Well, that's my rant...

(Original post by kimoni)
    I found the revision guides weren't very good for explaining the methods well, they just had lots of extra questions to practice from
    I think they are intended to be used in conjunction with the course textbook, the revision guide is just useful to highlight what you know and what you need to brush up on / actually learn...lol

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.