Deeboss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have emailed one of the heads in my school, regarding the BTEC results day, when the date is, as I need to confirm travel plans. I got this response ''There is no result day in BTEC but you will be informed once the school receive your certificate in August or September. Also if you are going to do complete 2 year diploma for both of your courses then you will get the result/ certificate after completing the diploma next year.''. I will be doing the 2 year diploma does this mean I have to wait until next year to find out my subsidiary diploma grades, which I did this year? Is the results system like this as we'll in UK?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I completed mine last year and i recieved my certificate in may (2014)
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My son has just finished the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. He only finished his course two days ago [June 5th],but he has not been told when the results will be out.
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As your head stated, there is no actual results day for BTEC. Some centres do issue them alongside A level results, but BTEC send them to the centres as soon as they are processed. As you are doing a second year, the grades you have go towards the overall second year grade. If you don't complete a second year, they will issue you this certificate. You should be able to get your results from your tutor. In fact we tell them their overall grade and give them the students copy of their SRF when they complete. If you have been enrolled straight onto an overall Extended diploma for two years, then there wont be a Sub Dip diploma issued.
Deeboss
Rep:
?
(Original post by bamtutor)
As your head stated, there is no actual results day for BTEC. Some centres do issue them alongside A level results, but BTEC send them to the centres as soon as they are processed. As you are doing a second year, the grades you have go towards the overall second year grade. If you don't complete a second year, they will issue you this certificate. You should be able to get your results from your tutor. In fact we tell them their overall grade and give them the students copy of their SRF when they complete. If you have been enrolled straight onto an overall Extended diploma for two years, then there wont be a Sub Dip diploma issued.
Thank you for the response. I have always had a confusion in my mind, ever since I started the BTEC. You know how I have completed a subsidary diploma this year completing my first year's BTEC. Will next year be the extended diploma? I thought the second year is known as the National diploma? Another thing why does the extended diploma have 3 grades? Does it count the 1 grade you got from first year? I would really like this knot to be tied up in my mind ahaha.

Thanks
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deeboss)
Thank you for the response. I have always had a confusion in my mind, ever since I started the BTEC. You know how I have completed a subsidary diploma this year completing my first year's BTEC. Will next year be the extended diploma? I thought the second year is known as the National diploma? Another thing why does the extended diploma have 3 grades? Does it count the 1 grade you got from first year? I would really like this knot to be tied up in my mind ahaha.

Thanks
They extended has 3 grades because it is worth 3 A levels

The grade you get is determined by how many btec points you accumulate (credits*grade) which turns out as pass = 70, merit = 80 and dist = 90 (based on 10 credit units) and to get D*D*D* in an Extended you need 1590 minimum from 180 cedits which in simpler terms is 18 10 credit units with 15 of them as distinctions and 3 of them as merits or equivalent

The subsid is not one of the 3 grades, however the points obtained from it will contribute to your extended diploma grade
Deeboss
Rep:
?
(Original post by yt7777)
They extended has 3 grades because it is worth 3 A levels

The grade you get is determined by how many btec points you accumulate (credits*grade) which turns out as pass = 70, merit = 80 and dist = 90 (based on 10 credit units) and to get D*D*D* in an Extended you need 1590 minimum from 180 cedits which in simpler terms is 18 10 credit units with 15 of them as distinctions and 3 of them as merits or equivalent

The subsid is not one of the 3 grades, however the points obtained from it will contribute to your extended diploma grade
Thanks for the response. I dont think il be doing the extended though? Because I am doing 12 Units between both of my BTECS in the 2 years. So 6 Units in BTEC IT year 1 6 Units BTEC science year 1, then its the same for next year. That calulates to 24 Units total betweem both BTECS. So the national diploma is the extended right? or are they two seperate things? What did you do? Did you progress from a subsidary diploma in year 1 to a extended diploma?
Deeboss
Rep:
?
The reason I ask this is because I have been using the UCAS search tool, to look for Unis. When I look in the BTEC requirmenets i dont kno which ones i need to be looking at. There are so many btec options which Unis require.Thats why im wondering if there is even National Diploma, or if its known as extended diploma.
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A lot of unis will only state thier offer for the extended because thats what most people do

You are doing 2 diplomas equal to 2 A levels each as you said, this will still get you into uni however you will need to query your qualifications with the universities that you are looking to go to, but if they accept the extended they will most likely accept your 2 diplomas as they are worth more.
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You are doing the BTEC Diploma and that is worth 2 A levels (each)

The National Diploma is what the extended diploma used to be called (before 2010)
Deeboss
Rep:
?

The National Diploma is what the extended diploma used to be called (before 2010)
Oh ok so its now called the extended diploma i get it. Ok thanks man
Deeboss
Rep:
?

I think the best thing for me is to just email them and find out.
yt7777
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deeboss)
I think the best thing for me is to just email them and find out.
Yeah 100% do, but if they accept the extended you will pribably get in unless there are any other conditions to the offer
Deeboss
Rep:
?
Yeah 100% do, but if they accept the extended you will pribably get in unless there are any other conditions to the offer
Thank allot bro for the help Lifes so rad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads