The Student Room Group

Sheffield Hallam University PGCE Primary 2015/2016

Is anyone else starting their PGCE Primary at SHU in September? I'm trying to find a few people who are and I have some questions about the pre-course tasks. :smile:
Reply 1
[QUOTE=rachaelamyy;56702935]Is anyone else starting their PGCE Primary at SHU in September? I'm trying to find a few people who are and I have some questions about the pre-course tasks. :smile:

Hi 😃 I am on the PGCE Primary Early Years but I think the booklet issue same for both of us. I have had a quick flick through but need to have a proper look this week.
Reply 2
Original post by Nicm213
Hi 😃 I am on the PGCE Primary Early Years but I think the booklet issue same for both of us. I have had a quick flick through but need to have a proper look this week.

Hello! Yes it is the same! I didn't realise there was going to be so much work pre-course. I don't mind though, it will make me more prepared.

I was surprised to see we need to do more observations too, though. I've already emailed around the schools near me to arrange something!
Reply 3
Original post by rachaelamyy
Hello! Yes it is the same! I didn't realise there was going to be so much work pre-course. I don't mind though, it will make me more prepared.

I was surprised to see we need to do more observations too, though. I've already emailed around the schools near me to arrange something!

Hi

Have you made a start on your pre-course tasks yet? I have made a bit of a start and arranged to do an observation on Monday in Reception class. I work in an Early Years setting so that's that visit sorted, and I dont think I have to visit a Secondary school as I am doing Early Years.

I keep laughing about the science knowledge part - think I need to brush up too used to working with under 5's!

I am really looking forward to the pre-course day and hoping to get a better idea of what to expect. I am also hoping that we get a timetable as I need to sort out childcare!

Nic :smile:
Original post by Nicm213
Hi

Have you made a start on your pre-course tasks yet? I have made a bit of a start and arranged to do an observation on Monday in Reception class. I work in an Early Years setting so that's that visit sorted, and I dont think I have to visit a Secondary school as I am doing Early Years.

I keep laughing about the science knowledge part - think I need to brush up too used to working with under 5's!

I am really looking forward to the pre-course day and hoping to get a better idea of what to expect. I am also hoping that we get a timetable as I need to sort out childcare!

Nic :smile:

hey :smile: i have done a couple of the visits and am working on the maths subject knowledge audit at the moment, really boring but actually really helpful as it has highlighted a few areas that I need to brush up on or work out how I would teach. leaving the reading task for the summer hols!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Hello just a bit random but i have been offered a place however have had no precourse materials how and when did you all find out about this ???
Reply 6
Hi
I got an email from Shef Hallam it was all attached to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending