The Student Room Group

having a job in year 13

I'm thinking of getting a job next school year to save up a bit for uni. Would this negatively affect how well I do at school do you think? I'm quite hard working and I usually get my work done before the weekend but I'm worried that there will be more work in year 13 that I wouldn't be able to keep up with if a get a weekend job.
Thoughts/ experiences?
I've got a job on a 0hour contract at united which is great because it means you can pick and choose when you work also the games aren't every week so it leaves plenty of time for college wotk as well. However I know people who have part time jobs on a more regular basis and it hasn't affected them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
for me yr 13 was no harder than yr 12 in terms of workload. If you could have survived this year you probably can next year too. Just try not to work late nights if you have school the next morning, if you can avoid it.
Reply 3
I'd definitely recommend it! In terms of money it gives you so much more freedom and it's nice to be able to treat yourself or go out when you feel like it.

Just make sure you leave time to relax, get work done and keep your mental health in check. I work Saturdays and find it fine, but personally I wouldn't be able to cope with working the entire weekend. Everyone's different - I know people who do 20-30 hours pw on top of A Levels - but I would only recommend working one day of the week if you can.
Having a job is a brilliant idea and you'll definitely have time!!! Loads of people manage easily having a job while studying, and having a job teaches so many important things! Definitely get a job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
working alongside A levels should be easily manageable, just don't go somewhere where there will be too many hours, I'd say 15 at a maximum during term time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending