Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lack of creativity watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have tried to design a new site for my parents company but no matter what it just looks turd, I can't seem to anything creative at all. This is somthing I normaly take for granted but right now I can't do it.

I assume its because I am in still in pain, I am tired etc and maybe a side effect of the pain killers I am on. This has got me wondering though what causes makes creativity and are you just born with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I have tried to design a new site for my parents company but no matter what it just looks turd, I can't seem to anything creative at all. This is somthing I normaly take for granted but right now I can't do it.

I assume its because I am in still in pain, I am tired etc and maybe a side effect of the pain killers I am on. This has got me wondering though what causes makes creativity and are you just born with it?
    some ppl are born with creativity but some are not, some are caused by environmental. dont worry ideas will come to you, this is same as artists some have to wait for years to get the inspiration.

ReputationRep:

I am of the belief that whilst everyone is born with a creative side, some people have it far stronger than others.

I cannot draw to save my life. Art Creative is non-existent in my case.

But I do understand, and have for many years, how business works - esp. Marketing. So in that sense, I am creative.

ReputationRep:

can we see it?

ReputationRep:
    With me its odd, I cannot draw people but I can draw buildings, I was always brillaint at designing websites but since starting to university I feel my creativity has been a tad lacking but my new photoshop skills more than make up for that.

However tonight I cannot do even design websites, however I can all the PHP programming no problem. I think its just because I haven't been out for days so having nothing to give me motivation.

Oh well I just have to hope somebody asks me a question I can help with tonight then I will at least feel a tad useful.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of the great artists saw the source of their creativity in opium.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't design, you can't design - in my experience, you've either got a knack for it or you haven't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoni)
    can we see it?
    Its here, its a pile of shite,

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/cascade/

I've given up on it because I am lacking ideas I will try again tomorrow when I am feeling more up to it.

This what I normaly produce

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/auction

ReputationRep:
    Its here, its a pile of shite,

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/cascade/

I've given up on it because I am lacking ideas I will try again tomorrow when I am feeling more up to it.

This what I normaly produce

http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/auction
    why dont u search for other ppl's sites and get some ideas, that may help u to joggling ur creativity

ReputationRep:
    There's not really enough there to be able to judge it as shite really.. You've got to experiment.. dabble with colour. Maybe try a different background than white, add text, even if you havent written the main body of text yet, just go to the academia and homework subforum and copy and paste some boffin's ramblings ( ) just so you have something to fill out space so you can see what it will look like with text.
    Websites I have made usually come together when I add all the bits together, even if they're not all in finished form. Once you can see the general layout you can see what more needs to be done and then maybe you'll be inspired along the way...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah normaly I can do this no problem, I've designed 100's of sites before with ease, I've had a few ideas so hopefully I can do it. I think my problem is I am too tired and lazy for it at the moment, when you have ideas you have to able to know how to get the photoshop to produce them, I'm probably too tired for this.

Ectasy produced New Orders songs are influencing me (not that I am condoming drug use ).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.