Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Memories and songs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    'blue da ba dee da ba di' by eiffel 65 and the bombfunk mc's 'freestyler' reminds me of going on a german exchange trip when I was 13.

oh and cotton eye joe reminds me of new years eve 1999/2000

that new song that just goes 'woo woo' or sumthing, its on a phone advert, reminds me of glastonbury this year because people would just start singing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    'blue da ba dee da ba di' by eiffel 65
    :mad: That song has bad memories for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    That was a tune. It brings back memories of Year Nine art class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    lol me 2!!

ReputationRep:
    coldplay - parachutes
    moby - porcelain
    richard ashcroft - song for the lovers

all remind me of a visit to the tate modern in year 10, a day when everything in my life started to change (for the better, incidentally). it got me into good music, anyway.

muse - bliss reminds me of my holiday to near perpignan in 2001 when origin of symmetry had just come out and i started my obsession with muse.

all of adequate 7 - songs of innocence and of experience reminds me of last may/june and walking the dog (used to listen to it on repeat for ages).

interpol - nyc reminds me of this last christmas.

jet - are you gonna be my girl?
    the strokes - last night

both remind me of the bluenote in derby

the thrills - big sur reminds me of sitting on lanacombe beach in devon reading 'rebecca' by daphne du maurier and seeing a really cute guy (abstract i know!)

linkin park - papercut reminds me of bus journeys to school in the rain.

so many memories of mine are reawakened by music. it's an amazing medium.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmbop by Hanson always makes me smile because at the age of 10 i was obsessed with them...the only band i've ever really loved...and i still think it's a gorgeous song! Also don't stop me now by queen reminds me of a really great night out with me best mate when we decided to give ourselves an official birthday to share! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Ahhhh! was it something like redneck or something? I dunno...I know the song!!! It was like a jig you dance around arms linked.
    Rednex I think they were called. Memories of primary school! *sighs*

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.