The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Everdawn
But dustbin cleaners do jack all.

snobbish :tongue: no respect for them :mad:
Reply 121
amazingtrade
I make this thread because if the nurses weren't nice and patient my hospital visit would have been hell but they were very good with me even when I was sick on one of them. I think considering how little they get paid they do a very good job and are often undervalued.

I certainly have 100 times more respect for nurses than I do to fat cat business people.

I think nurses are very repected by the doctors they work with (on the whole). I certainly only saw uptmost respect being shown towards htem on each of my work experiences and whilst volunteering at a hospice.

The nicest complement I have ever been paid was by a nurse, who told me I would be wasted as a doctor and should go into nursing!

Nurses are the powerhouse of the NHS. People shouldn't forget that.
Reply 122
Fluffy
I think nurses are very repected by the doctors they work with (on the whole). I certainly only saw uptmost respect being shown towards htem on each of my work experiences and whilst volunteering at a hospice.

The nicest complement I have ever been paid was by a nurse, who told me I would be wasted as a doctor and should go into nursing!

Nurses are the powerhouse of the NHS. People shouldn't forget that.

Exactly the doctors do a very important job and save lifes, but the nurses are the public face of the hositals and help comfort patients reducing stress levels and making the experience more comfortable.

I should hope doctors respect nurses as it makes their job easier, also some comments on this thread proove that somebody still see nurses and unqualified sciveys which is really sad.
AT youre back! That means you didnt die! hooray!. Everything went well?
Reply 124
Everdawn
AT youre back! That means you didnt die! hooray!. Everything went well?

There was a typical NHS cokcup which mean't the instruments the surgeons required to do my operation hadn't been stealised which mean't me having open surgery which takes longer to recover and involves much more pain. I still can't walk now and the apin is getting worse from the stiches:confused:. The operation itself went ok I was there was a minor complication afterwards due to a past medical condition which delayed my discharge for serveral hours but I am fine now. It could have beem much worse and the nurses made the stay quite comfertable, one the pain goes form the stiches I should be able to go for a little walk.

Ihave a black mark near a few icnhes away from they operation though, my mum thinks its just a bruise but I am a little bit worried about it, its been there since the operation. I may have to phone the hospital in a few days time about it.
amazingtrade
There was a typical NHS cokcup which mean't the instruments the surgeons required to do my operation hadn't been stealised which mean't me having open surgery which takes longer to recover and involves much more pain. I still can't walk now and the apin is getting worse from the stiches:confused:. The operation itself went ok I was there was a minor complication afterwards due to a past medical condition which delayed my discharge for serveral hours but I am fine now. It could have beem much worse and the nurses made the stay quite comfertable, one the pain goes form the stiches I should be able to go for a little walk.

Ihave a black mark near a few icnhes away from they operation though, my mum thinks its just a bruise but I am a little bit worried about it, its been there since the operation. I may have to phone the hospital in a few days time about it.

oh. :frown: that must hurt a lot! Well gett better soon, k!
Everdawn
I just hope that if you are even in a major car accident that after your treatment youll see differently. Nurses save lives.

i am not arguing they don't do a valuable job i realise they do and that there are difficult conditions involded however i just also think that in a captialist society where we can get others from other countries, and the only condition of you increasing their pay being they are very caring their wages wont rise. I personally would like to see alot of lower paid jobs get higher wages.
amazingtrade
Exactly the doctors do a very important job and save lifes, but the nurses are the public face of the hositals and help comfort patients reducing stress levels and making the experience more comfortable.

I should hope doctors respect nurses as it makes their job easier, also some comments on this thread proove that somebody still see nurses and unqualified sciveys which is really sad.

would you care to expalin this last point AT?
Reply 128
Now I realise what has been bothering me...

"Is nursing an underrated profession"
Speciez99
i am not arguing they don't do a valuable job i realise they do and that there are difficult conditions involded however i just also think that in a captialist society where we can get others from other countries, and the only condition of you increasing their pay being they are very caring their wages wont rise. I personally would like to see alot of lower paid jobs get higher wages.

Im only saying they deserve more than what they get.
Reply 130
Nurses should be given a few more responsibilities and other people should be employed to change beds/clean patients.
Reply 131
Also, nurses have a lot more power than a lot of peeps - and I'm guessing a fiar few arrogant med students give them credit for!

As a PrHO, a nurse can make you or break you. Piss them off and see how many times you get bleeped in one night. Sleep? :wink:
Reply 132
Speciez99
would you care to expalin this last point AT?

The wolf said you need virtualy no qualifcations to be a nurse which is totaly untrue.
Everdawn
Im only saying they deserve more than what they get.

so do teachers, morgue workers, fineman ect. why single out nurses?
blissy
Nurses should be given a few more responsibilities and other people should be employed to change beds/clean patients.

agreed
Speciez99

Morgue workers get exceptionally paid, and teachers do allright to. I think here that Nurses are one of the groups that deserve better pay.
Reply 136
Everdawn
Morgue workers get exceptionally paid, and teachers do allright to. I think here that Nurses are one of the groups that deserve better pay.

hmmmmmm
Reply 137
Speciez99

Because of the specific social skills and patience required to be a nurse, and after having good experience of them it prompted me to make this thread this why I am singeling out nurses. Fireman get paid a lot more than nurses do. Teachers are probably underpaid too and its not a job I would like to do teaching school kids in the current compensation blame culture unless their was CCTV camera's in the class rooms.

Morgue Workers was a bit random but I bet its not a nice job.
Reply 138
blissy
they are, slowly.

there are now:
Nurse Practioners,
Nurse Prescribers,
Research Nurses,
Nurses are also being drafted in to carry out minor procedures (is the same vain as the US Assistant Physician.
amazingtrade
Because of the specific social skills and patience required to be a nurse, and after having good experience of them it prompted me to make this thread this why I am singeling out nurses. Fireman get paid a lot more than nurses do. Teachers are probably underpaid too and its not a job I would like to do teaching school kids in the current compensation blame culture unless their was CCTV camera's in the class rooms.

Morgue Workers was a bit random but I bet its not a nice job.

fireman take alot more risks and they arent paid that well, how is teaching not a a job?

Latest