The Student Room Group

Ocr mei s3 june 2015

Can't find a thread for S3. I know it's a minority sport but surely someone else is doing it?
The S2 exam finished with a question which looked more S3 than S2. We could be challenged if they are in the mood to take us a step beyond.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Kinda looking forward to this exam tbh, you've just got to be really careful and concise when going through the paper
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Can't find a thread for S3. I know it's a minority sport but surely someone else is doing it?
The S2 exam finished with a question which looked more S3 than S2. We could be challenged if they are in the mood to take us a step beyond.

How did you find S2?
Finally found a thread of this! I find with S3 you have to be so careful with critical values because if you get the wrong one, you don't get any marks for the conclusion about which hypothesis to reject and its so annoying. I retook s2 last week because I got a b last year and its easier to get marks in the easier modules anyway and it was a great paper so im hoping s3 is going to be a nice one

Anyone got any revision notes on s3?
Reply 4
Original post by chloebland

This would be sweet. If anyone has notes do post them please.
Spent less time revising for this than for S2 but it's mainly just being careful with critical values and the odd comment that is my downfall. Going to try and curb that in the next couple of hours.
Original post by chloebland
Finally found a thread of this! I find with S3 you have to be so careful with critical values because if you get the wrong one, you don't get any marks for the conclusion about which hypothesis to reject and its so annoying. I retook s2 last week because I got a b last year and its easier to get marks in the easier modules anyway and it was a great paper so im hoping s3 is going to be a nice one

I'll post some notes up in an hour or so on this thread. I need all the good Karma I can get :smile:
Reply 6
Guys any advice for the degrees of freedom for goodness of fit tests? I always seem to get it wrong.. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by apis42
Guys any advice for the degrees of freedom for goodness of fit tests? I always seem to get it wrong.. :frown:

I'm the same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by lebanon95
I'll post some notes up in an hour or so on this thread. I need all the good Karma I can get :smile:

Any progress?
Original post by Paradoxic
Any progress?

There's 2 more pages just
Reply 10
Yeah well i literally learnt this yesterday. For the degrees of freedom you always work it out by getting the number of cells for the Chi squared (so if theres any merges youll have less than at the beginning). Then you -1 because thats just how it works and then you takeaway any estimated parameters so like if its a mean of the sample.

Hope this helps!!
Reply 11
Well that last question was ridiculous. What did people get for the sample size of that confidence interval?
Had a sudden realisation which saved me on the last question, got it to be distributed ~N(0,9.75). I got the sample size to be 90. What about you?
I will do an unofficial mark scheme after I've drove home if u guys want!
Reply 14
I got 80?
Original post by Kazza28
I got 80?

In fact that seems about right think I got same, what mean did u get
Reply 16
Original post by chizz1889
In fact that seems about right think I got same, what mean did u get

46.33?
Original post by Kazza28
46.33?

I think I got exactly 46.3. What value of k did you use