AQA GCSE Higher 08 June 2015 Discussion

Watch this thread
Poll: Marks are out of 80; what's YOUR estimate?
0-20 (0)
0%
21-45 (2)
50%
46-60 (0)
0%
60+ (2)
50%
redsoules
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just finished.

Analysis:

I think I screwed up on the following:

3:5 ratio on the buildings. I got 21.7 (I think thats what I remember Or 22.7...)

The quadratic equation with 2 'negative' answers.

The vectors Proof I put various points but never actually used a formal expression of PNM, just used basic facts about 1/2 midpoint and 1/3 line + paralellogram has ....etc...

The Cone question I got ~47 mins

The mass question I got ~330,XXX tonnes.

The quadratic graph (plotting) I put the 1 mark down as X = 3..... lol

What did you guys get/do?
Samfurness98
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by redsoules)
Just finished.

Analysis:

I think I screwed up on the following:

3:5 ratio on the buildings. I got 21.7 (I think thats what I remember Or 22.7...)

The quadratic equation with 2 'negative' answers.

The vectors Proof I put various points but never actually used a formal expression of PNM, just used basic facts about 1/2 midpoint and 1/3 line + paralellogram has ....etc...

The Cone question I got ~47 mins

The mass question I got ~330,XXX tonnes.

The quadratic graph (plotting) I put the 1 mark down as X = 3..... lol

What did you guys get/do?
U didn't mess up on many, they are right
redsoules
Rep:
(Original post by Samfurness98)
U didn't mess up on many, they are right
What ones are wrong do you know?

That quadractics I'm sure I got that wrong, I know i got 2 negative answers but not sure if they are right.

Might have (otherwise) got 70+/80
brithday
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
do share you answer t oday cuz someone saying people in japn do the exam after us so they use snawr and the grade bundrasise will not be low
Samfurness98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
The answer
Samfurness98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Do or dont share
(Original post by brithday)
do share you answer t oday cuz someone saying people in japn do the exam after us so they use snawr and the grade bundrasise will not be low
brithday
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
don't sorry spread the message on all social media sites because peiole in different countries will see the question and ace the exam resulting with all us with grades that we do not want
brithday
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
edit you reply as it got answer
Samfurness98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How did u find it, ithink the grade boundaries will be similar to last years, 65+ A* 59-64 A 38 for a B
edit you reply as it got answer
brithday
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
inbox me privately so we do not get in troblue I will add you
Harryffc
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
inbox me privately so we do not get in troblue I will add you
Did people get 16pie and 27pie for the sphere surface are question
Samfurness98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Harryffc)
As the ratio no
Harryffc
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Samfurness98)
As the ratio no
What did u get m8
Samfurness98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What did u get m8
Cant rember
vrm99
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Is this unit 3?
redsoules
Rep:
What did u get m8
8:9
redsoules
Rep:
To be honest, Even If I put up all the answers to the test, A.) they can't take them with them OR b.) they'd have to remember every single answer - which is more trouble than it sounds. You can't just rely on the answer as you NEED to show your working; specific questions are aimed at seeing how/what maths you use. (These questions have an * next to the question number - i.e 5a*)
redsoules
Rep:
(Original post by vrm99)
Is this unit 3?
Yes. Unit 3, AQA Higher tier paper. Not sure if it is linear or Module and I'm not sure what (A,B or C) the paper is.
lilyjacks
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I got 16:27
redsoules
Rep:
(Original post by lilyjacks)
I got 16:27
Total surface area of sphere:Total surface area of Hemisphere

Radi was 6 for sphere and 9 for hemisphere.

4pi6^2 : 1/2(4pi9^2)

Should cancel down (in terms of pi) to 8:9

EDIT:

I believe I have got this question wrong. It should be 2pi9^2 + pi9^2 :/ .....

Haven't done the calculation but mine is definitely wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
19.51%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
7.32%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
12.2%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (10)
24.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
26.83%

Watched Threads