Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What AS grades did you put on your UCAS.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what AS grades people got here and they used to apply to universites. I'm talking of the grades that the admissions tutors see...
    I'm just wondering whether people can get for example CCCC at AS and then get offered BBB or something.

ReputationRep:
    AAAA.

You should only declare AS-level grades if they have been cashed in. Most applicants do not cash them in if they are continuing with the A2 part of the A-level course. This is extremely handy, since you can improve upon any module results without UCAS knowing.

Admissions tutors will not be impressed if you are not on track to achieve their grade offers. If however, you have valid reasons for any shortfalls, then you must explain your case by all means. This is where your personal statement and teacher reference come in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_Head1)
    Just wondering what AS grades people got here and they used to apply to universites. I'm talking of the grades that the admissions tutors see...
    I'm just wondering whether people can get for example CCCC at AS and then get offered BBB or something.
    AAAA

For offers ranging from AAA - ABB.

If you got As and Bs then put them down, depending on what you're going for I'd hesitate to cash in Cs.

ReputationRep:
    I asked my school if it was wise to cash in my grades. I was told there was no point.

ReputationRep:
    I got AAABC - cashed in the C seeing as I gave that up after AS... and then I e-mailed my Uni's when I raised the grade to a B. So AAABB.

ReputationRep:
    So did any of you guys retake anything or you got your grades straight off ?

ReputationRep:
    Straight off.

ReputationRep:
    i got BBCC @ AS and i have offers of AAB

ReputationRep:
    Lee86 - what did you apply for ?

ReputationRep:
    Lee86 - what did you apply for ?
    for physics @ camdridge ( although i didn't get an offer) durham warwick york bristol bath got offer from all of thoose tho

ReputationRep:
    Thats cool getting accepted to all those unis!

How much emphasis is put on AS grades when you go for interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Thats cool getting accepted to all those unis!

How much emphasis is put on AS grades when you go for interviews?
    for me not alot as i was/ am predicited AABB @ least in A2 its mostly about your subject but saying that i only had one interview and that was cambidrge the rest just accepted me with out

ReputationRep:
    for me not alot as i was/ am predicited AABB @ least in A2 its mostly about your subject but saying that i only had one interview and that was cambidrge the rest just accepted me with out

ReputationRep:
    for me not alot as i was/am predicited AABB @ least in A2 its mostly about your subject but saying that i only had one interview and that was cambidrge the rest just accepted me with out an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    for me not alot as i was/am predicited AABB @ least in A2 its mostly about your subject but saying that i only had one interview and that was cambidrge the rest just accepted me with out an interview
    so you didnt put your as results down in your ucas form right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    so you didnt put your as results down in your ucas form right?
    no i put them down just had excellent personal statement and tutor ref.

ReputationRep:
    I cashed in these AS-Grades, and they were recorded on my UCAS app.:

Media A
    Citizenship A
    Physics B

I re-took one of the Physics modules to get an A overall, and I also got A's in Maths and Politics in the January exams. So in the end I had AAAAA for A/S, and I wrote a letter to all my uni's updating them on my situation. In fact, I phoned the admissions tutor at Warwick and was given an offer over the phone. The LSE offer came about two weeks later (woo-hoo!)

ReputationRep:
    I cashed in A- English Lit, A- Media B- Politics but I'm retaking a module in Politics this year to boost A2 grade. However only recently been told that the B in AS politics will stay the same even if I get an A in A2.. which sucks because I wouldn't have cashed it in if I had known before. I got A's for the modules I took in Maths but I didn't cash in the grade because I had miss the P1 exam.. I still mentioned it on the UCAS form though.

ReputationRep:
    Umm...not trying to sound stupid :rolleyes: but what do you guys mean by "cash in" ?

ReputationRep:
    Straight off. You can't retake in time to stick the AS grades onto your UCAS form unless you're applying post a level.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.