Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Don't bet on football, you crazy fruit.

I have an absolute corker on for Saturday night, I got great odds at William Hill.
    Hmm, I take on board your point but I suppose the bet was placed on fairly decent knowledge of this kind of match. On their day, at home, in the South American World Cup qualifiers - the home team has a massive advantage. It would have been interesting to bet on Ecuador (home) vs Uruguay (who are a much better team). I would never have bet on a match in Europe, but as it is - I am nearly £5500 the richer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Out of interest, how much did you bet on keane scoring first?
    it was only in the region of 200-600.
    i dont know whether i will get it back and i dont really care but what i'm saying is if i put that bet on at coral i would have got my money back.
    i have put money on various occasions on these types of bets. eg van nistlerooy to score first. he was a sub and man utd scored but i got my money back. even if he plays after the goal the bet is VOID meaning it is not made and therfore money is returned

ReputationRep:
    i'm in too

ReputationRep:
    is there gonna be a winner this week? and when is the last day for bets for this week?

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as I've only bet once (and won ), does that mean I can have two more bets this week using my current balance of £10,500??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Better plan: contribute some of it to me as I've ran out of money
    Hehe, maybe, I'm stuck for ideas on two bets this weekend. Last time I came to bet it was oh-so simple.

ReputationRep:
    Another Sunderland fan in Newcastle?
    my mate has decided to join, and yes he is a Sunderland fan.

chats : You made 4 bets, thus since i'm nice I didn't bother taking the Keane one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    lol no caus when i do it at the bookies u get the money back if
    1)they dont play
    2)they're not playing when the goal is scored.

i mean its not fair if u bet and the player doesnt have a chance to win the bet. do u get it?

i was just wondering if corey is playing like this
    Depends on what rules the bookie has. Some pay out for non runners, others don't. Personally I don't think you should get your money back.

I thought you were 'more experienced' at betting? Surely only people betting on someone to score when they didn't check the team news shows you are a complete amatuer. One of the first rules of betting on a single match is to bet as close to the event as possible. Furthermore betting on 'first goa' is one of the worst bets you can make. Experienced indeed, experienced in losing money more like.

Anyway, my tip for you all this weekend is Warrington Wolves to beat Widnes Vikings. You can get 2/5 at Willhill which returns £400 for a £1000 stake. I'm slightly caustious about this game though as Widnes got a clattering last week and they could backlash. Wire should prevail though, especially with Brain Lima returning after suspension.

ReputationRep:
    Can I up by bet on Henman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Can I up by bet on Henman?
    I'd advise against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    my mate has decided to join, and yes he is a Sunderland fan.

chats : You made 4 bets, thus since i'm nice I didn't bother taking the Keane one.
    thanks very much. sorry i was a idiot and didnt read the rules about the 3 bid maximum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Depends on what rules the bookie has. Some pay out for non runners, others don't. Personally I don't think you should get your money back.

I thought you were 'more experienced' at betting? Surely only people betting on someone to score when they didn't check the team news shows you are a complete amatuer. One of the first rules of betting on a single match is to bet as close to the event as possible. Furthermore betting on 'first goa' is one of the worst bets you can make. Experienced indeed, experienced in losing money more like.

Anyway, my tip for you all this weekend is Warrington Wolves to beat Widnes Vikings. You can get 2/5 at Willhill which returns £400 for a £1000 stake. I'm slightly caustious about this game though as Widnes got a clattering last week and they could backlash. Wire should prevail though, especially with Brain Lima returning after suspension.
    oh shut up u ponce, i didnt put the bet on for real just in the ukl betting game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Not the best tip ever at the moment. Think I'll stick with all the rest on Huddersfield for 4/7. Not quite as good odds, but more or less assured the cash back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Not the best tip ever at the moment. Think I'll stick with all the rest on Huddersfield for 4/7. Not quite as good odds, but more or less assured the cash back.
    well i bet all my £5000 on sweden to beat poland at sumthing like 4-6 so got plenty back...ne chance of an update on the league standings corey???

ReputationRep:
    I've won a bet!!!!
    on what?!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.