WJEC Film Studies A2 11840001 - 12th June 2015 [Revision/Discussion Thread]

Watch
Guymd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I haven't seen a film studies thread around here for the A2 exam on Friday so I thought it would be helpful to start one.

What question is everyone doing for each section?
martharose4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We're doing Surrealism for International Film styles, Emotional Response or Documentary for Spectatorship topics (Probably going to do Emotional Response), and for the close-critcal analysis we did Fight Club and Modern Times (I'm thinking of doing Modern Times)
Guymd
Rep:
?
I need help on the spectatorship and documentary topic. Do you write paragraphs documentary led or point led?
I mean like would you focus a paragraph on a documentary and one on another and so on or would you make a point and add in examples from documentaries.
Guymd
Rep:
?
(Original post by martharose4)
We're doing Surrealism for International Film styles, Emotional Response or Documentary for Spectatorship topics (Probably going to do Emotional Response), and for the close-critcal analysis we did Fight Club and Modern Times (I'm thinking of doing Modern Times)
That's a lot of choices. Did you have time to go over all of them throughout the year?
martharose4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Guymd)
I need help on the spectatorship and documentary topic. Do you write paragraphs documentary led or point led?
I mean like would you focus a paragraph on a documentary and one on another and so on or would you make a point and add in examples from documentaries.
I think (I don't know for sure) that you can do either. Personally, I'd make a point and add in detailed examples from the documentaries
martharose4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Guymd)
That's a lot of choices. Did you have time to go over all of them throughout the year?
We seemed to go through them all right and we watched 3-5 films per topic. What did you do?
Guymd
Rep:
?
We seemed to go through them all right and we watched 3-5 films per topic. What did you do?
That's impressive to be honest, we only had time to do the ones we needed, didn't get that many choices for a topic.

I'm doing either Mexican cinema or Urban stories (but I think most people are doing Mexican) it's the only one we've been given two choices for.
Films: Y Tu Mama Tambien & Ameros Perros

I'm also doing Documentary and Spectatorship. There are too many films to list.

Lastly, Close critical study: Talk to Her by Pedro Amoldovar.
hannahsuxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think (I don't know for sure) that you can do either. Personally, I'd make a point and add in detailed examples from the documentaries
I'm doing Surrealism, Spectatorship and Documentary and Fight Club. I'd write about each different documentary and then make points from that, but i guess it all depends on the question
Guymd
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannahsuxx)
I'm doing Surrealism, Spectatorship and Documentary and Fight Club. I'd write about each different documentary and then make points from that, but i guess it all depends on the question
what docs are you doing?
yeah I went to speak to my teacher and he said to do documentary led, but some questions may not work... I just don't like that topic in general
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads