Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Darkness really are awful. watch

ReputationRep:
    They were pretty bad to start with, but now everyone's hailing them as the saviours of the world :rolleyes:

Christ, just listen to Queen or Whitesnake.

ReputationRep:
    But they won the Ivor Novello Award! Yeah, they're ****.

ReputationRep:
    I was just listening to the Darkness and thinking "Wow, this makes me think that modern music isn't so bad after all"

ReputationRep:
    I recall reading an interview with Slash in Guitarist magazine and he commented that when he first heard them: "I didn't know if they were for real or if they were just taking the ****ing piss". I feel exactly the same.

Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitriol)
    I recall reading an interview with Slash in Guitarist magazine and he commented that when he first heard them: "I didn't know if they were for real or if they were just taking the ****ing piss". I feel exactly the same.

Hehe.
    But it's impossible not to like them, even if they are taking the piss.

They are taking the piss though, right?

ReputationRep:
    They are Queen wannabes. Anyone who tries to imitate Queen has zero respect from me.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says they are impersonating Queen but you obviously haven't listened to much Queen!

They are more like Boston!

ReputationRep:
    :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them, the song's or the lead singer's voice. Sometimes you can't hear him over the 'music'. I think Friday Night is my fave song but I've only listened to about three or four. None of the songs seem that great to me.

ReputationRep:
    I've listened to plenty of Queen (one of my favourite bands), and there are strong similarities.

ReputationRep:
    There are similarities to mid-80's Queen but really they pale in comparison to Queen's best works. At least they're a little more interesting than most of the stuff in the charts at the moment *yawn*

ReputationRep:
    They were awful live at knebworth, and a decent band should be able to play live. They are also very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Take a chill pill mate, their signed and their for REAL. Imitation is the sincerest forms of flattery.

I know its a new concept, but don't be afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tilly)
    Take a chill pill mate, their signed and their for REAL. Imitation is the sincerest forms of flattery.

I know its a new concept, but don't be afraid.
    Imitation when countless thousands of bands imitated each other throughout the 80's is not good. Next thing we know, we'll have another Stryker or Warrant on our hands :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    darkness aint that bad, the uk needs someone like them. as long as justin gets thats tooth surgery hes been goin on about they should be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    They were pretty bad to start with, but now everyone's hailing them as the saviours of the world :rolleyes:

Christ, just listen to Queen or Whitesnake.
    They are ok, but by no means the best english band around, Ash is far better.

ReputationRep:
    One of the best live bands is Mr. Big, that's fact, the Osaka gig is one of the best. Also, they have never written a bad song. The Darkness is just...second rate, seems like just a show if you know what I mean like 'I look like a girl and I'm wearing a cat(?) suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    They are Queen wannabes. Anyone who tries to imitate Queen has zero respect from me.
    Here here. The Darkness are abysmal.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.