Does Edexcel offer additional furher maths?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Mathematix
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Does edexcel give anythingy for 18 math modules (add further maths)?. If so what combinations would do?

(If so im looking forward to P1-6, M1-6 and S1, S2 S4 S5 and D1-2 you thinkll itll work?)
Vin
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yes, Edexcel does give an additional qualification for 18 modules, constituting an outcome of 3 A-levels.

They, unlike some other boards, do not name the extra A-level as "Additional Further Maths".

The possible Advanced GCE qualifications you can get out of Edexcel mathematics are:
Mathematics (inclusive of P1-3 and 3 applied with one of them being an A2)
Further (on top of Mathematics inclusive of P4, P5 and 3 other applied with three of them being A2)
Pure Mathematics (P1-6)
Statistics (S1-5 and either P1 or S6)

So with 18 modules, you can get an A-level Mathematics, Further Math and Statistics overall and similarly other combinations depending on how you cash in those modules.

I know of one friend who was the only one who had done triple math in my school and he opted to cash in those 18 modules to the above example.

Hope this helps.
Mathematix
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
So will P1 -6 and m1 -6 and S1 -4 (no S3) and D1 - 2 work?

Btw for a stats AL u cood either do S6 or P1, but what if you hav already done P1 for your maths AL. dus that stop u from going ahead?

"Further (on top of Mathematics inclusive of P4, P5 and 3 other applied with three of them being A2) "

but isnt that only 5 modules??
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i see no point in doing all those modules. i did edexcel further maths and thats enough.n
Mathematix
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I gess u r right bloodhound, but theres nothing like testing your limits in what u r good at
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
to test, u dont have to do additional modules. u can always challenge urself in ur spare time.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.15%
No (565)
65.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed