Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are all the best girls unatainable? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    The most attractive girls, either due to looks or personality are often looking for a confident but not nessescarily good looking chap.

You are good looking, do not worry. If however you lack the confidence or attractive personality (not that I'm saying it's not nice), then this is why the best girls will be unatainable.
    I must admit I have improved since primary school, so I will probably improve more as I get older. I think the problem is, especially since I went to the same school for 7 years, that all the girls got to know me too well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    perhaps you think you are reflecting when really you are dwelling. Have you ever thought of that?
    I could be, but if I do not single out mistakes, how can I learn from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    What do you mean by an awkward place? Like on top of a skyscraper or something?
    maybe like a funeral or something

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar problem with guys (i havent read all the 11 pages so forgive me if im wrong), because i cannot talk to guys unless they want to talk to me- this only happens when im not interested- damn it!

I think that pretty much every girl I know fancy guys not because of their looks but because of their attitude and personality. It sounds really corny, but if you're confident with yourself and not scared of talking to a girl then they will be much more attracted to you! Of course reeeeealy fine guys only need not be really arrogant....but hey if a girl only likes someone for their looks it's never going to go anywhere.

I think intense (appropriately), funny and self-assured is the best thing to go for!

ps. there's absolutely nothing wrng with the way you look - believe it!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell wiwarin mir, ditch the anime and get out more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah_mushroom)
    I have a similar problem with guys (i havent read all the 11 pages so forgive me if im wrong), because i cannot talk to guys unless they want to talk to me- this only happens when im not interested- damn it!

I think that pretty much every girl I know fancy guys not because of their looks but because of their attitude and personality. It sounds really corny, but if you're confident with yourself and not scared of talking to a girl then they will be much more attracted to you! Of course reeeeealy fine guys only need not be really arrogant....but hey if a girl only likes someone for their looks it's never going to go anywhere.

I think intense (appropriately), funny and self-assured is the best thing to go for!

ps. there's absolutely nothing wrng with the way you look - believe it!
    I am starting to believe it now, thank you. I do talk to girls, but if I realy like them, I am always trying to drop very subtle hints, which usually are too subtle. I do try to get girls, I just sometimes are overconfident and approach them prematurely (as in before we have finished getting to know each other), which usually ruins any chance of a releationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I am obsessive about anime, and that I cannot help, just as I cannot help being obsessive about star trek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I am obsessive about anime, and that I cannot help, just as I cannot help being obsessive about star trek.
    u can find someone who is obsessive about anime just like u, but i will be hard lol

ReputationRep:
    you've got two OCDs?

Have you no self-control over your mental status?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    u can find someone who is obsessive about anime just like u, but i will be hard lol
    I have, she just lived too far way (look back to my sod's law thread (http://www.uk-learning.net/t42137.html))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    you've got two OCDs?
    no, I have autism, which is an intergrated package, not only do you miss out of the much sought after social skills, you get a free lifetime subscription to any obsession you like.

ReputationRep:
    I have, she just lived too far way (look back to my cod's law thread (http://www.uk-learning.net/t42137.html))
    personally i know alot of people loves games like me which is part of amine, so don't think is that hard, maybe it depends on where u live? i don't know

ReputationRep:
    personally i know alot of people loves games like me which is part of amine, so don't think is that hard, maybe it depends on where u live? i don't know
    I live in the garden of england. Anime is not actually games, rather japanese style animated programs or films.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the garden of england. Anime is not actually games, rather japanese style animated programs or films.
    yeah but most games that i played they are on cartoons as well, if u know what i mean!

ReputationRep:
    yeah but most games that i played they are on cartoons as well, if u know what i mean!
    so you have played yu-gi-oh, pokemon, digimon type games then. (btw, the garden of england is kent)

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you.

ReputationRep:
    so you have played yu-gi-oh, pokemon, digimon type games then. (btw, the garden of england is kent)
    ok maybe i am wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    I feel for you.
    oooohhhh, an empath.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.