Turn on thread page Beta

Why are all the best girls unatainable? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    ok maybe i am wrong
    My problem is that I cannot find very many girls who are into the same things as me. I know a couple of girls who are into final fantasy, only 1 that is a true trekkie and only a couple of girls of are really into anime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    My problem is that I cannot find very many girls who are into the same things as me. I know a couple of girls who are into final fantasy, only 1 that is a true trekkie and only a couple of girls of are really into anime.
    oh ok, just like my friend who is dragon ball crazy and he expect me to watch every series

ReputationRep:
    don't worry maybe it's not ur time yet, i bet there are people who like trekkie but u don't think they would

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, just like my friend who is dragon ball crazy and he expect me to watch every series
    I will not inflict watching star trek or anime onto any friends who do not wish to, although I have been known to spend over an hour looking around game.

ReputationRep:
    oooohhhh, an empath.
    i see where you are coming from, and i have sat and read most of the 11 pages (ahem), but i think you just have low self esteem and confidence. You need to forget about women. There is plenty of time for them to mess you around. You should not change who you are just to be with a woman, however some of your principles and morals are just not realistic, and although yes, people have morals, what you say is like me saying i don't attract men, but then again when i do i tell them to **** off...
    There are more things in the world to worry about and be happy about than to sit in home feeling all pitiful. You should be happy that you have a decent life - which i think you do. Think of all the people that have been in love and then lost it due to deaths etc. I'm no philospher but the thing that makes you unattractive is your outcome on life, and your perspective, and not your looks. You aren't ugly..but maybe your whole persona is unattractive due to your beliefs.
    sorry for the long message, it proably means nothing, as i am inexperienced myself.........but in other words grow up.

ReputationRep:
    i can kind of understand what u mean, cos i used to like stuff like star trek and really specific stuff like PCs( but i wasnt really a geek). I think you just gotta broaden your tastes in anything.

Try listening to different types of music or watch films.. hey, you could even watch big brother (even if it is a bit boring), because not only is it easier to move conversations with people at least you're experiencing different aspects of culture and society, when listening to music, going to cinema, clubbin. im not saying that youre gonna get a girl if you do all these things, but certainly makes it easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    i see where you are coming from, and i have sat and read most of the 11 pages (ahem), but i think you just have low self esteem and confidence. You need to forget about women. There is plenty of time for them to mess you around. You should not change who you are just to be with a woman, however some of your principles and morals are just not realistic, and although yes, people have morals, what you say is like me saying i don't attract men, but then again when i do i tell them to **** off...
    There are more things in the world to worry about and be happy about than to sit in home feeling all pitiful. You should be happy that you have a decent life - which i think you do. Think of all the people that have been in love and then lost it due to deaths etc. I'm no philospher but the thing that makes you unattractive is your outcome on life, and your perspective, and not your looks. You aren't ugly..but maybe your whole persona is unattractive due to your beliefs.
    sorry for the long message, it proably means nothing, as i am inexperienced myself.........but in other words grow up.

I am growing up slowly, and maturing. I find it difficult to change how I am, although I have managed to to a certain extent. I can see where you are coming from, I do have many character flaws, which I am trying to over come one at a time.
    I am also endvouring to be kinder, my ex-girlfriend just asked me if I would go to her prom with her and I said yes, as I am trying to be kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    i can kind of understand what u mean, cos i used to like stuff like star trek and really specific stuff like PCs( but i wasnt really a geek). I think you just gotta broaden your tastes in anything.

Try listening to different types of music or watch films.. hey, you could even watch big brother (even if it is a bit boring), because not only is it easier to move conversations with people at least you're experiencing different aspects of culture and society, when listening to music, going to cinema, clubbin. im not saying that youre gonna get a girl if you do all these things, but certainly makes it easier.
    I do try and listen to different types, but cannot stand hip-hop, RnB and the likes.I very frequently go to the cinema, it is just that most of the time it is on my own (although I did go and see troy with some friends yesterday). I have already said that clubbing is not for me, I get very nervous in corwds and panic.

ReputationRep:
    I do try and listen to different types, but cannot stand hip-hop, RnB and the likes.I very frequently go to the cinema, it is just that most of the time it is on my own (although I did go and see troy with some friends yesterday). I have already said that clubbing is not for me, I get very nervous in corwds and panic.
    don't change urself, cause that will make different kinda of people like u for different reasons.

ReputationRep:
    don't change urself, cause that will make different kinda of people like u for different reasons.
    One big problem with me is that I cannot tell when people are joking, so if a girl asks me out just for a joke, I cannot tell.

ReputationRep:
    One big problem with me is that I cannot tell when people are joking, so if a girl asks me out just for a joke, I cannot tell.
    owow they are being harsh. did that happen to u before?

ReputationRep:
    One big problem with me is that I cannot tell when girls are joking, so if a girl asks me out just for a joke, I cannot tell.
    I think that with guys sometimes. I should really grow out of it, it's a bit immature if people still act like that at our age

ReputationRep:
    yeah i see your points, but to be honest right now, i think that there a lot of people who can relate to you, i know a fair few people who dont actually go clubbin hardcore but go out drinkin, and there are a lot if people who dont like hiphop cos basically it is no longer music.

but in just going for newer interests, im not saying you should change yourself, just to find out what you may have been missing. i was missing the beatles and queen till i was about 16, ok cant talk to much people about that, but hey its something i like and there are people out there who are passionate about that music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Right, confessions from me.

I'm female and I like Star Trek. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I like anime and manga, though not obsessively (that's reserved for Draco Malfoy). Ahem.

I've always never asked anyone out, the people that I like I can normally get to ask me out. I have friends, I'm fairly popular and I get along with most people. I'm the MD of a Young Enterprise company and was elected to be that - showing leadership, fairness and strength, et cetera. I go to parties, I'm your regularly female socialite dispersing sentences with like, darling, dear and honey. Yet I know HTML, CSS, dabs of VB, C and C++.

You can still obsess over manga and Star Trek, but don't let it interfere with anything else, e.g. your social life. I used to have a social anxiety disorder, but knowing that it would disrupt my later life, I worked hard at it and now I regularly do things like public speaking. I used to be a nervous introvert wreck, then I changed.

One final bit of advice - you can't love anyone else unless you love yourself first.
    I am ok with myself, but my autism means I lack various social skills needed to be properly sociable, and I cannot control my obsessions. I have spoken to friends and teachers in klingon before, and I have augmented french and german words into my speech (I am very well spoken btw), which all makes me look and sound weird.

ReputationRep:
    owow they are being harsh. did that happen to u before?
    yes, it has happened to me, several times in fact. I could not tell they were joking so was made to look like a fool. I have got a lot more suspicious when girls as me out now, as I think they do not mean it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same. People think im going to be different by the way i look, but im actually into rock music etc. and i don't tend to like people of other musical tastes.

Its all about having things in common, if you don't share things in common, theres a high chance that you won't be suitable. But sure enough i found someone for me.

Your gonna find someone like u, you just have to be patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_love_maths)
    I'm exactly the same. People think im going to be different by the way i look, but im actually into rock music etc. and i don't tend to like people of other musical tastes.

Its all about having things in common, if you don't share things in common, theres a high chance that you won't be suitable. But sure enough i found someone for me.

Your gonna find someone like u, you just have to be patient.
    I do not dress like a grunger or a chav, for that matter, I really don't dress like any particular group. For instance, yesterday I wore one of my star trek tee-shirts out to the cinema, I really didn't care.

ReputationRep:
    yes, it has happened to me, several times in fact. I could not tell they were joking so was made to look like a fool. I have got a lot more suspicious when girls as me out now, as I think they do not mean it.
    yeah be suspicious when girls ask u out becasue i don't think they mean it (99%), cause i will never ask any boy out. why don't u read something on
    "how do u know when girls like u" that will help u alot

ReputationRep:
    I do not dress like a grunger or a chav, for that matter, I really don't dress like any particular group. For instance, yesterday I wore one of my star trek tee-shirts out to the cinema, I really didn't care.
    why should you?

I mean i walked outside with just a pair of tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt and these two guys were still eye-balling?!?
    Maybe it was my nat-ural aura

ReputationRep:
    yeah be suspicious when girls ask u out becasue i don't think they mean it (99%), cause i will never ask any boy out. why don't u read something on
    "how do u know when girls like u" that will help u alot
    because I cannot read people, I cannot tell what kind of mood they are in or what their movements and mannerisims mean.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.