Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    It is like my obsessions, I know they are there, I just can't do anything about them.
    Not with an attitude like that. Change starts with you.

ReputationRep:
    why dont u just go for girls when ur clubbin it when they're all pissed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayban)
    There's a point; when the drink flows everyone looks good at 2am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Not with an attitude like that. Change starts with you.
    How am I going to change my special needs, go back to when my mum was pregnant with me and stop the umbilical cord wrapping around my nack. There IS nothing I can do about these traits.
    I have got a lot better recently at controlling said traits and thus I have got more friends. When I was in year 7, I had the grand total of 1 friend at school, and almost no other friends outside of school either.

ReputationRep:
    I hate being in a crowd of people and would probably hate it even more if said people were drunk, simply because I don't like to be touched without my knowledge and approval. I also don't like to dance.

ReputationRep:
    how can u expect to pull if you dont like being in crowds of people, dont like to dance, and get stressed about the opposite sex touching you? you expect a woman to ask permission before she goes down on you?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, good soldiers. I'm going to bed!

how can u expect to pull if you dont like being in crowds of people, dont like to dance, and get stressed about the opposite sex touching you? you expect a woman to ask permission before she goes down on you?
    *cough* That's true.

ReputationRep:
    how can u expect to pull if you dont like being in crowds of people, dont like to dance, and get stressed about the opposite sex touching you?
    When I am in crowds I get very nervous, I panic and I start to act very strangely. I do not simply want to get a girl who will like me for the night, but in the morning just cast me aside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fantasy`)
    *cough* That's true.
    I know that is true newbie, have you actually bothered to read all the thread yet, to get some background?

ReputationRep:
    How am I going to change my special needs, go back to when my mum was pregnant with me and stop the umbilical cord wrapping around my nack. There IS nothing I can do about these traits.
    I have got a lot better recently at controlling said traits and thus I have got more friends. When I was in year 7, I had the grand total of 1 friend at school, and almost no other friends outside of school either.
    Well good god no one's asking you to change your entire being!

Now take me: I'm overweight. This used to get me unhappy. I could either do something about it, or accept it. I've chosen to accept it, and suddenly I'm quite happy being overweight, at least it's something I can laugh and share a joke about. Another thing: I was unhappy with how I was presented. I only wore tracksuit bottoms which made my legs look fat. So what did I do? I switched to jeans. And good-looking clothes. And I decided to take great pride in my hair. Now I'm presentable, I feel good about my appearance, and people always have something nice to say about my hair. Incidentally, this year I've gone from a 40" waist to a 36", without even trying. Just shows that when we're happy and view everything positively, things just fall into place for us. I have a lot more friends than back in the day and I am constantly happy.

ReputationRep:
    You just seemed a little troubled to me that's all.
    As for the thing about looks that you mentioned, don't worry about it. Girls really don't care about looks. It might matter when you're looking for an easy shag in a club: the first and only thing that the girl is going to care about are your looks (and some don't even care about that) but in proper situtations, girls don't care much about looks. It definetely helps but looks won't get you anywhere at all unless you can impress a girl in some way. If you're worrying about your looks, it's a whole confidence problem. Believe me (and I'm sure you've noticed this), some of the best looking girls go out with guys who look like monkeys.
    I don't believe in putting on an act...especially when you're lacking confidence. Just understand that there are girls out there that will like who you are. Don't shy away from who you are. If you spend time playing video games a lot, there's no point hiding that. Doesn't mean you have to make a big deal out of it. If you spend your time worrying if you're looking like a ****, you'll end up avoiding showing anything about yourself and probably be a complete bore...

ReputationRep:
    A final point:

If a girl won't go out with you simply due to your appearance, with no thought to how good your personality may be, she is shallow and superficial and you're better off without her and with someone who can appreciate the being behind the face.

I know that is true newbie, have you actually bothered to read all the thread yet, to get some background?
    "Newbie" ****ing hell jesus christ i'm a computer geek and yes I have bothered to read it. You are the most insane mother ****er I've ever read about you seem obsessive and crazy now get some sleep, I'm sure you can be normal at times and sometimes I contain some of your geek traits but seriously you're a crazy man, no wonder nobody wants to date you. Learn to get out of virtual reality once in a while.. even I can do that. I'm sure you're really beggining to piss people off you certainly are me. I'm suprised you managed to get good grades at school. I suppose the teacher is a "newbie" and so are your peers! Now seriously turn off the computer and go away from this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Well good god no one's asking you to change your entire being!

Now take me: I'm overweight. This used to get me unhappy. I could either do something about it, or accept it. I've chosen to accept it, and suddenly I'm quite happy being overweight, at least it's something I can laugh and share a joke about. Another thing: I was unhappy with how I was presented. I only wore tracksuit bottoms which made my legs look fat. So what did I do? I switched to jeans. And good-looking clothes. And I decided to take great pride in my hair. Now I'm presentable, I feel good about my appearance, and people always have something nice to say about my hair. Incidentally, this year I've gone from a 40" waist to a 36", without even trying. Just shows that when we're happy and view everything positively, things just fall into place for us. I have a lot more friends than back in the day and I am constantly happy.
    I was not griping, simply saying how I had improved since the start of secondary school. I really don't care that I am fat, I actually think it is quite funny, especially as it looks like I'm pregent. I know I cannot completely change, I just change very gradually, maybe altering certain aspects of myself one bit at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    guys who look like monkeys.
    :mad: Hey! We descended from them, we can't help it!

(Original post by Fantasy`)
    "Newbie" ****ing hell jesus christ i'm a computer geek and yes I have bothered to read it. You are the most insane mother ****er I've ever read about you seem obsessive and crazy now get some sleep, I'm sure you can be normal at times and sometimes I contain some of your geek traits but seriously you're a crazy man, no wonder nobody wants to date you. Learn to get out of virtual reality once in a while.. even I can do that. I'm sure you're really beggining to piss people off you certainly are me. I'm suprised you managed to get good grades at school. I suppose the teacher is a "newbie" and so are your peers! Now seriously turn off the computer and go away from this thread.
    Owned! LAMER! UL! GG! HF!

ReputationRep:
    It might matter when you're looking for an easy shag in a club.
    I will never have a one night stand with any girl, I refuse to treat any female as a portable sex machine.

ReputationRep:
    :mad: Hey! We descended from them, we can't help it!
    Alright then. Can I say cavemen? Or will that be insulting to you too?

ReputationRep:
    Alright then. Can I say cavemen? Or will that be insulting to you too?
    Uggh! Ooga booga!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.