Turn on thread page Beta

Why are all the best girls unatainable? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fantasy`)
    Same everyday of my life, I know no different and I hardly do any work for school it's amazing really. Anti-social is something that is developed.. it can be worked around with something called effort.
    although one thing you have to be careful of is muscle antropy, that can get annoying if you don't walk ebough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I will never have a one night stand with any girl, I refuse to treat any female as a portable sex machine.
    to be honest i dont think you are ever gonna be treating any female to your little portable sex machine....and i dont believe you that you wouldnt have a one night stand - lets face it...at the moment there are not offers from a wide range of sources...so if anyone was silly enough to bother with you...you at that point are gonna turn round and say no thanks im off to bed with on my own....i think you might be using a twisted morality as an excuse as to why you are not even getting close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    I'm male, for the record.
    I was wondering, especilly when you were talking about your hair.

ReputationRep:
    I am a very unsociable person, I have been known to sit in front of a computer for 7 or 8 hours. does that answer your question.
    During my late primary school, early high school years, I was really into video games. I can't remember what put me off but it all seemed like a huge waste of time after a while. I know very well that if I were to start playing again, I wouldn't stop (I bought AOE 2 a few years ago and spent several nights playing that).

Why do you spend so much time playing video games instead of trying to make friends?

I love strategy games, I find them very engaging and challenging, that might be why I plan everything in real life.
    I'm just telling you that your perception of society and the world around you is distant from reality.. what it really is... I watched a documentary about gamers, very interesting... http://gamers.nu (not sure if you have to pay for it nowadays).. you might want to try and find it.. I think it was originally made by the father of a famous gamer called shaguar.. but just by the type of game you play it conveys your true nature. I've got guys like this at school (they may be different from you) but they're obsessed with demons, dragons, and vampires and the supernatural world of fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dforster)
    to be honest i dont think you are ever gonna be treating any female to your little portable sex machine....and i dont believe you that you wouldnt have a one night stand - lets face it...at the moment there are not offers from a wide range of sources...so if anyone was silly enough to bother with you...you at that point are gonna turn round and say no thanks im off to bed with on my own....i think you might be using a twisted morality as an excuse as to why you are not even getting close.
    I take it you think I'll never get a girl then, simply because of my morality. Lets give you more ammunition then, I also think that when i am in a relationship, it is not my place to decide when the step to the next level will be made, rather it should be left entirely up to the girl to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    I'm male, for the record.
    Oops. Sorry. There seemed to be some personal background influencing your previous message. That's all

ReputationRep:
    I'm just telling you that your perception of society and the world around you is distant from reality.. what it really is... I watched a documentary about gamers, very interesting... http://gamers.nu (not sure if you have to pay for it nowadays).. you might want to try and find it.. I think it was originally made by the father of a famous gamer called shaguar.. but just by the type of game you play it conveys your true nature. I've got guys like this at school (they may be different from you) but they're obsessed with demons, dragons, and vampires and the supernatural world of fantasy.
    I do have a social life, which has in fact improved greatly in year 13. I actually am playing far less games than I used and am spending a lot more time on UKL and talking to friends on MSN. I am getting better, slowly but surely

I do have a social life, which has in fact improved greatly in year 13. I actually am playing far less games than I used and am spending a lot more time on UKL and talking to friends on MSN. I am getting better, slowly but surely
    The same progression for me and I tell you I feel better about it (revision is still a struggle though ). I'm in year 11 (or was) though so there is a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I take it you think I'll never get a girl then, simply because of my morality. Lets give you more ammunition then, I also think that when i am in a relationship, it is not my place to decide when the step to the next level will be made, rather it should be left entirely up to the girl to decide.
    There are no rules for relationships. You shouldn't spend so much time thinking about the rules and the strategy of the whole process. If something happens between two people it's because there's communication between the two and that's basically it. When you're in a situation where you can talk to a girl, don't think that there's some secret formula for the things you say that will impress her. It's much more complex than that. You can say something completely stupid which will actually hit the spot in a way that a stupid chat-up line will never

ReputationRep:
    The same progression for me and I tell you I feel better about it (revision is still a struggle though ). I'm in year 11 (or was) though so there is a difference.
    Hey, I hate revison, I did no revison for GCSE and hardly any for AS, but for some reason I am getting quite good grades.

ReputationRep:
    What's year 13? As you might have noticed, I don't live in the UK.

Hey, I hate revison, I did no revison for GCSE and hardly any for AS, but for some reason I am getting quite good grades.
    Same for me, but I tell you what I did the worst thing anyone could ever do.. I did an all-nighter before the English exam.. was the most rediculous thing ever... I'm sure I can get my other exams though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    There are no rules for relationships. You shouldn't spend so much time thinking about the rules and the strategy of the whole process. If something happens between two people it's because there's communication between the two and that's basically it. When you're in a situation where you can talk to a girl, don't think that there's some secret formula for the things you say that will impress her. It's much more complex than that. You can say something completely stupid which will actually hit the spot in a way that a stupid chat-up line will never
    I have to make rules for myself, otherwise I will never be able to contain myself, which would enevitably cause any girl to break up with me. limiting myself allows me to function in social situations, otherwise I would begin to withdraw and not talk to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    What's year 13? As you might have noticed, I don't live in the UK.
    last year before uni

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't think that's something to be too proud of. Good revision methods are really useful. I spent all my highschool doing virtually no revision for subjects like maths and physics and getting excellent marks and the day I actually needed to revise, well I messed up quite a bit. Some people say "look at my marks and I didn't have to revise". The thing is, a lot of them, don't have the ability to revise any way.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't think that's something to be too proud of. Good revision methods are really useful. I spent all my highschool doing virtually no revision for subjects like maths and physics and getting excellent marks and the day I actually needed to revise, well I messed up quite a bit. Some people say "look at my marks and I didn't have to revise". The thing is, a lot of them, don't have the ability to revise any way.
    I find it very difficult to revise, I have a short attention span outside of class, I have been doing hard work though, for example I have already secured a D in electronics, with 2 papers yet to take and I only need 9 marks out of 2 physics papers to get an E

Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want a girl any way? I spent years thinking that was what I want and finally realised the day I was in a serious relationship, I wasn't very good at dealing with them.

I find it very difficult to revise, I have a short attention span outside of class, I have been doing hard work though, for example I have already secured a D in electronics, with 2 papers yet to take and I only need 9 marks out of 2 physics papers to get an E
    It's scientifically proven that gamers have a shorter concentration span. But it's also been proven that gaming increases your memory, so i'm told.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.